a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Towndock

Started by crazycarl, June 15, 2024, 10:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazycarl

Like many towns, Oriental has a free dock available to transients for 48 hour stops. The local online news source, Towndock.net, has a camera and live feed focused on it. Looking at it this evening, there is a Compac 23 tied up for the night. If it's still there when I return home from church tomorrow, I'll sail into the harbor to say hello.

Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

crazycarl

Sat on the porch of the Bean eating ice cream and sipping used coffee. Spent about an hour there hoping to meet the captain of the Compac 23, but nowhere to be found. No name or port on the hull and the NC registration expired in 2015, so it's possible they just launched after being on the hard for awhile.  It has a nice dodger sized well for on it.

5monkeys

I confess that sometimes I heat up the coffee I left in the pot from the day prior, so that's the only definition I can think of for "used coffee", but can you buy that at a coffee shop?
Keith

5monkeys
1982 Com-pac 19-Napoli
1981 Coronado 15--Sold
Herndon VA 20170

crazycarl

That's funny. I was initially confused when you mentioned "used coffee", then
I reread what I posted. Should have been "iced" coffee. My finger tips have dense scar tissue from table saws, sanders, chisels, and bandsaw incidents. Because of all the nerve damage they ache in the cold, and touch screens don't always recognize them, so posting from my phone can be tricky.

5monkeys

LOL, that does make more sense. I'm sorry to hear about the scar tissue.. I don't have that excuse but typing on my phone is a disaster anyhow. OK.. back to painting :-(
Keith

5monkeys
1982 Com-pac 19-Napoli
1981 Coronado 15--Sold
Herndon VA 20170

brackish

Hey, be careful with that stuff.;) Made my living (well second half of my career) running a factory that made those machines.  Often gave safety classes on their use.  Didn't stop me from cracking a rib with a closed bevel kickback on a table saw that I knew was the wrong thing to do.  Late at night, only one cut left, what could go wrong by not moving the fence to the other side of the blade............