Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Selling Stuff.

Started by newt, August 28, 2010, 09:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newt

Hi guys:
The forum is getting a little cluttered with adds. Please do not place adds for stuff in any place but the classified section. And remember- no emails or phone numbers!

ribbed_rotting_rusting

I've never posted anything--but I did not know about those restrictions. I can see the wisdom of it--not to turn the forum into a Com-Pac Craig's list. I'm sure a little research on the poster would give you their e-mail if they have chosen to show it in their profile.  Mike

MacGyver

Could some that have been sold, be then deleted? maybe one solid post that a Admin could list items that sold and for what price (like ComPacs for example since the BUC book hasnt a listing mostly for our boats...)

Just wondering....

Mac
Former Harbor Master/Boat Tech, Certified in West System, Interlux, and Harken products.
Worked on ALL aspects of the sailboat, 17 years experience.
"I wanted freedom, open air and adventure. I found it on the sea."
-Alaine Gerbault.

Salty19

I'll volunteer you Jason to do the needed research :)

The original post was a response to many, many folks -mostly new members whose purpose of joining was to sell the boat, scattering for sale ads across many areas of the forum.  Since there is a special classified section, Newt asked folks to use it.  Minimizes how often we have to move posts--as an admin, let me just say this gets old.
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

MacGyver

LOL, No thanks!

I see, this is stuff that happens behind the scenes, my bad!

Mac
Former Harbor Master/Boat Tech, Certified in West System, Interlux, and Harken products.
Worked on ALL aspects of the sailboat, 17 years experience.
"I wanted freedom, open air and adventure. I found it on the sea."
-Alaine Gerbault.

Mike

Guilty, I have mentioned things to sell as part of another thread...will restrict those comments to the classified in the future.

jcatkeson

I would be more than happy to use the for sale site save for the fact that I have not been able to find it. I did find it once but it would not let me text. I have a practically give away 23 and o=would like to be done with it as I have reached that age.

kahpho

'07 Legacy "Amphibian"

moonlight

I've got 9 boats in the yard, and over 3,000 sf of associated hardware, wiring, aluminum, stainless, filters, oils, greases, wiring, connectors, batteries, and more.  Where do I list it for sale?  Or do people just ping me here???  Help!

Salty19

For whatever reason, people have a hard time finding the classifieds. 

I have moved the classifieds to the top section now so it should be easier to find.  Just open a new post an post your ad.

Moon--Note that per the forum membership agreement that classifieds (or any post for that matter) are not intended for commercial purposes and is for Com-pac boats/hardware only.   Please do not list non-Compac items or anything sold through a business here.
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

brackish

Quote from: moonlight on September 21, 2017, 09:24:45 PM
I've got 9 boats in the yard, and over 3,000 sf of associated hardware, wiring, aluminum, stainless, filters, oils, greases, wiring, connectors, batteries, and more.  Where do I list it for sale?  Or do people just ping me here???  Help!

For your non Compac stuff and even for Compac you might consider the Facebook page "Sailboat Swap Shop"  seems to get a lot of coverage and interest.

moonlight

It might be noted that I don't think I've ever posted anything for sale, classified or otherwise.  It was a tongue in cheek observation.  I did receive one PM regarding it, and my response which could or should be incorporated in a profile warrants public airing.

[/quote]
Short of the hull and logo, nothing is ComPac specific.  I have a whole 2000 ComPac 25 w/ wheel steering, roller furling, and more available. 

I've been in the marine business over 20 years and was a ComPac dealer for 5 or so (Hurricane Katrina kinda reshaped the mid-Gulf Coast boating a bit).  My business is primarily electrical/electronics (60%) followed by mechanical and whatever anyone else is afraid to do.  Rebuild the transmission of a 1952 Chris Craft runabout, with the last set of clutches available in the country, and find WWII vintage bearings still packed in wax paper & grease? done it.  Make custom dash panels out of GRANITE?  Done that too.  Ever seen a Johnson Saildrive?  Got one that was a running takeout when an old(er) sailboat under new ownership converted to outboard.  It's a J/E 25/35 powerhead with an adapter plate and a short foot that penetrated the hull.  Replacement of the impeller required removal of the powerhead and someone too lazy to do so added a livewell pump for cooling water flow.  Trouble is, an impeller pump is by extension variable speed and thus variable volume.  A livewell pump, 500, 750, or 1000 gph, is constant.  Sell the modified boat, new owner goes puttering at idle, doesn't exhaust as much as he pumps, it hydrolocks.  Repower wasn't necessary but was prudent given difficulty obtaining parts and service for the dinosaur he unwittingly purchased.

It's a heck of a lot easier if you tell me what you need, than I tell you what I have.  New, and old, fuel tanks? (yes).  New and used salvage (air) lift bags? (yes).  stainless and aluminum tubing (think bimini frames, bow rails, et cetera)? (yes).  Trailers and anything associated with them? (yes).  custom tools or hard to find parts? (probably)  Mast from a Hobie 18?  yes, but it's currently got my mailbox welded to it and serves as a flagpole too.

And more.

[/quote]

One of my inspired observations from many years about the water ... would someone please explain to me how 1,000,000 separate parts, none of which float (on their own), properly assembled, does float?  But each part, as you take it apart (in the correct order or not), will then again not float again; and defying all the laws of physics, will sink at a rate proportional to water depth, water murkiness, and an equation comprised of both your need for said part and means to retrieve it (i.e. very deep clear water with highly important parts and no method of easy retrieval, those parts in those circumstances sink numbingly, teasily, slow)...

Tim Gardner

Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.