a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

So Many Boat Items

Started by crazycarl, April 13, 2024, 08:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazycarl

I cleaned out the storage area and opened all the boxes and bins.  To my surprise more than 3/4 of the containers were filled with boating equipment.  I found 4 anchors, 2- c3/8"x150' Xboxanchor lines, 1-20' and 1- 30' length of anchor chain, 2-Beckson ports, 9-LED interior light "bulbs", a pump faucet, an auto tiller, several tubes of sealant, 3-bilge pumps, about 3lbs of ss screws, nuts, and washers.  Also a box of short teak scraps, at least 50 teak bungs, several electrical fixtures, 3-interior lights, 2-compression posts, cheek blocks, and the list goes on. I spent most of the day separating items that I'll keep and items I'll donate to the Rotary for their annual marine flee market.  Which was this weekend. 🙄

The boat is coming along with the hull 99% sanded.  I need another set of hands to help remove then ladder, chain plates and such.  All the interior teak has been refinished and today I cut out the fiberglass covering the concrete under the cabin sole.  I'll seal the concrete and then install artificial "new teak". The electronics have been working erratically so that needs tending. 

I'm on track to be ready in plenty of time for the Florida 120 and looking forward to it.

How is everyone else coming along with seasonal prep?
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"