a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Clearing out the new boat

Started by BoatTreble, February 10, 2024, 07:08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoatTreble

It's only supposed to get up to about 33 degrees F today.  With the wind-chill it'll feel more like the mid-twenties.  I still want to head to the yard and clear out more of the stuff the previous owner left behind.  Then begins sorting and organizing of what I'll keep and what goes away.  Two days ago I ordered new bilge pumps for her and some maintenance materials.  Soon the weather will be more hospitable for beginning the bigger projects on her.  I have to keep reminding myself that it IS only February and I am in the Upper Peninsula.  Spring will come.  :)

BoatTreble

Well my son and I managed to get everything left inboard Zoe by the previous owner packed off the boat and stashed in a room in my apartment.  Filled the room pretty good too.  Now begins the task of sorting items both for what I'm going to keep and for it's purpose: deck maintenance, electrical/electronic maintenance, engine maintenance, sail maintenance, general purpose.  Each category will get its own bin so it is organized and not spread all over the boat as it was in separate shopping style bags.  Then begins cleaning of the inside of the boat.  And troubleshooting a problem with the depth sounder.  I haven't had her in the water yet to test it but the previous owner said that it was "stuck" between 2' and 4'.  I may end up just replacing the whole thing.  It is pretty old and sun faded in the cockpit.
Well I hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Al

crazycarl

I had a similar problem with my depth meter.  A light sanding (320 grit) on the transducer fixed it.  YMMV
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

BoatTreble

Quote from: crazycarl on February 11, 2024, 01:01:56 PMI had a similar problem with my depth meter.  A light sanding (320 grit) on the transducer fixed it.  YMMV

Ah well I'll give that a try!  I assume you mean a light sanding on the face of the transducer where it protrudes through the thru hull?  Come to think of i, and I'm not positive, but I believe someone at some time painted over the face of the 'ducer.  I will look at that next time I go to the yard.  Thank you.

Al