News:

Howdy, Com-Pac'ers!
Hope you'll find the Forum to be both a good resource and
a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Re: MID ATLANTIC MID WINTER GATHERING 2024!

Started by Tim Gardner, February 11, 2024, 03:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Gardner

Well Ls & Gs,
It looks like the Bash Mid Winter Gathering is a non-starter.  Not enough of Bob23's wind, I guess.

However in the spirit of same, Crazy Carl and I were able to establish the 1st Annual Mid Atlantic Mid Winter Gathering (AMAMWG).  We met last Wednesday evening to catch up and have some of Virginia's finest Mexican Cuisine in Amherst, VA the locale of Carl's Crazy Daughter (CCD).  What a Dad!  He's babysitting a veritable menagerie of domestic and farm animals while CCD visits ports of call in Montana.

A picture of the event will be forthcoming, as soon as I can figure out how to post Crazy's picture without breaking my computer.

ITWO Al Santini: "Sail On!"

TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

Mas

Ok, so anytime two or more are gathered it becomes a named gathering? Well then I would like to announce the on going CBRTG (Chesapeake Bay Randomly Timed Gathering) events.PeterG (aka Pedro) and myself have met multiple times, broken bread, drowned beers and generally disparaged the wharf rats that were not in attendance. Clearly to be true to the intent of the gathering we are not able to give much advance warning. They always occur on the lower Chesapeake Bay tributary the "Rivah". They always involve a meeting of the misanthrope club and they also never have a set plan for the next one. I can say there may, or may not, be another one March 23rd in the afternoon. Might lose a pair of socks in the process.

Late fall anchorage on the "Rivah"
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2