Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Davis ShopWorx on Youtube

Started by MacGyver, February 18, 2023, 08:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Good evening everyone!

So my YouTube channel is linked below, and I hope you will subscribe and like videos as they come out. I am not monetized, but hope to one day in order to help me to afford things better. It is nice to be able to utilize the knowledge base I have as it crosses many areas and many folks have supported that claim.

Some videos currently, as the channel has just started, are just discussion style videos, meant to provoke thought processes or to use as a guide for various things. I have started the channel recently to help me cope with my current job and its extreme lack of accomplishment and thought or use of past knowledge.

I began making videos concerning mainly my new tractor which is a Massey Ferguson GC1725M. It is very under represented in the tractor world from the looks of things. The current video selection gears one up for why it may be a good replacement to move to a Sub-Compact tractor and get away from "Garden Tractors" which the market has sadly moved away from anyway as far as versatility. On top of these discussions are some lights I made for it, a "Pull Plate" which I designed and made, and a box blade attachment video which was us trying out a pay to use editor that we are considering.

Yes, this is tractor stuff, but I assure you all that I have filmed footage about the CP19 and the work I have done on it. In the interest of transparency, I watched my clips and noticed how I reminisced about the times I had working on the boat and noticed I bounced around quite a bit really straying sometimes from the original intent of the video which was painting the topsides and deck. This idea stemmed from another post here that caused me to take off and make the video. Since that day, and trying to figure out editing without paying for an app to help edit, I have since found that if I was to structure my video better, it would be better and more informative to the end watcher, which will most likely be you all as far as sailboat things go.

That being said, please check out what I have up to now if it is of any interest to you. Check out my YouTube "Shorts" as well, I posted one today actually. Also, be on the lookout for this list of soon to come discussions about the work I have done on this 1989 CP19:

[ ]  Topside and deck paint job (Should include process, some things to note, and will be filmed to show end results).
[ ]  Bottom paint and repairs.
[ ]  Discussion on sealants around deck fittings and other various fittings found on the sail boats.
[ ]  Installing or observing the use of poor hardware and how to fix the hardware issues.
After these I would gladly take suggestions and could possibly do different videos prior to some of these. Note that my only real usable examples are currently my CP19 and also a small Dingy that I plan to redo soon as other projects make way for that one. If I work on boats here at home which I do occasionally I will post about them as well which will similarly be done for some house projects I get into and also some side work things involving a plethora of subjects and content.

The channel overall will provide a multitude of information and cross various subjects. I will be sure to corner off the Sailboat videos by marking them as such and add them to a playlist as I figure things out. That is the biggest issue for me right now is editing, piecing together clips to make a video worth watching and doing so as cheaply as possible only using an IPhone 11 Pro Max for the time being.

Anyway, feedback is always welcome!
MacGyver (Jason Davis)

https://www.youtube.com/@DavisShopworx

Let me know here of any issues, or things you'd like to see and etc.! Thanks everyone!!
Former Harbor Master/Boat Tech, Certified in West System, Interlux, and Harken products.
Worked on ALL aspects of the sailboat, 17 years experience.
"I wanted freedom, open air and adventure. I found it on the sea."
-Alaine Gerbault.

Bob23

Thank you Mack!! I'll be checking these out and I appreciate your hands-on approach and the sharing of your years of knowledge. I sure hope we get to sail together again some time!
Bob23

kickingbug1

makes me think that i should do videos on how to "constantly" repair a  1976 case 444 lawn tractor {just kidding}. good work jason look forward to seeing more videos. should be a big help to many. see you on the lake
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

Cruzin

Congratulations Mac! I look forward to seeing your channel and all of your great work. Thanks for doing it!

Dale
" Some people never find it, some... only pretend,  but Me; I just want to live happily ever after, now and then."  Jimmy Buffett

5monkeys

Keith

5monkeys
1982 Com-pac 19-Napoli
1981 Coronado 15--Sold
Herndon VA 20170

Tim Gardner

Quite the beard, Mac! Subscribed.
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

kickingbug1

after all the good work you did on your boat i better see if on the water this year. i plan on sailing every sunday single handed as well as with my crew during the week.
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

MacGyver

Thanks everyone!
I was able to get some videos posted finally, editing is taking its toll basically and I had been sick for nearly 2 weeks straight with double ear infections.
Here are some links:

Boat bottom work discussion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlXDoBpAIiE
Boat topside work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNun6ZGE7Vg
Boat deck work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxiKY08BmQk

They are discussion style so any criticism please go ahead and run with it, I am also trying to improve my videos since i am just starting out. I would do how to do style and do as I do the work but that kind of work for me is not often anymore, so I kind of have to run in a education style way.

I have some build videos coming up for tractor items soon, the footage is alot so it takes alot more to produce.
I am also back to work finally, and just today cut my finger real bad while cutting a tree down. so that might slow me down a little LOL

Anyway, Please like and subscribe if your interested and thanks for the support everyone!
Hope to post more videos for the boat soon, with a few boat projects coming up as well!

Mac
Former Harbor Master/Boat Tech, Certified in West System, Interlux, and Harken products.
Worked on ALL aspects of the sailboat, 17 years experience.
"I wanted freedom, open air and adventure. I found it on the sea."
-Alaine Gerbault.