a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Happy New Year to All!

Started by crazycarl, December 31, 2022, 10:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazycarl

I vow to sail more this year than previous years and I'll be starting tomorrow.  Oriental has a Instead of Football Regatta and this year I have a crew to help.  Tomorrow morning the son in law and I will drive to the marina that repacked the stuffing box and painted the bottom.  We'll sail the 12 miles home and pick up another crew member.  The race is at noon so we'll need an early start to our day.
Joan is gathering items for the dragon run as we are bicycling to the town harbor this evening for the parade and "Croaker" drop at midnight.

May this year bring prosperity and peace to each and every one of us!     
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

Christopher

Sound like a goodtime.  Good luck and happy New Year to you and family.

kickingbug1

i may have a one boat regatta sitting in the catalina nestled in the back of my garage. hoping that all those who have plied the waters under sail (especially our clr friends) have a wonderful,safe, prosperous and happy new year
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

Bob23

A very Happy 2023 to everyone! Fair winds and may our waterlines always stay on the outside of the boat!
bob23

crazycarl

Well I be damned!  We placed 8th out of 45 boats today.  Not bad for someone who doesn't care for sailboat racing.  We crossed the starting line 1 minute after the horn and quickly started passing the other boats.  After our 1st rounding we cruised down wind with the genny poled out.  We even pulled away from 2 boats flying spinnakers.  My crew were 2 very inexperienced bodies, but they did alright.  Afterwards we found out everyone meets at a restaurant where names are drawn to see who won!   Now that's the kind of race I like.  Everyone was friendly and some dressed up in pirate attire.  Most of the boats were overloaded with crew and music and revelry were the norm.  The wind was light (5-8 knots) but the temp was in the low 70s.  I do believe we will part of the Regatta next year.

I just found this pic on the Oriental's website.  Towndock.net

We're the second boat from the left.
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

Bob23

Congrats CC! Sounds like my kind of race!