a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Restoring 1982 CPY-2 Hull number 6

Started by Viking, December 31, 2022, 11:49:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Viking here. Finally figured out how to post and wanted to say hello. My Yacht is named the Bona Nova which means Good News. The Bona Nova was the ship that brought my grandfather to America in 1619. When I bought the boat, I was told she had been damaged in a hurricane sometime in the past. Boat had been stored on trailer for unknown time length. There is damage to keel in a couple of areas but nothing that can't be repaired. Also have damage on both sides that looks like she may have been rubbed hard against a piling. I am impressed with the build quality of this yacht. Plans are to restore her to yacht quality and sail the devil out of her. Once I figure out how to post photos, maybe I'll send a few. Apparently, I'm an OLD Sailor since electronics are not my friend. Happy sailing and hope to see you online soon.

Bob23

Hello Viking and welcome! So what size model Compac do you have?
Bob23

Viking

She's a 19ft Mark 2. Was working on her today putting in a bilge cover. Made the cover by using 31/2 planks of Composite deck planking. The planks are easy to remove and stack out of the way. Also made a hook latch to hold the step up out of the way. Hook made from 6-ga copper wire that I doubled, then spun with a drill to twist it. Looks great and gives her a little character.

Bob23

Sounds good. I did the same thing regarding a bilge cover for my 23 except I used plywood painted. It all comes out without tools and adds to the storage space.
Bob23