a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Looking to buy an Eclipse

Started by emyoung, January 25, 2022, 07:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emyoung

I am in the market for an Eclipse; yes I am fully aware they are hard to come by.  Please let me know if you know if one is available.  Erik (281)451-5482

alsantini

Eric.  Yes the Eclipse is a tough boat to come by often, but they do sell.  I think to be successful you have to be mobile, prepared to make a decision perhaps without actually seeing the boat and willing to accept the seller's price.  That last one might make it difficult to accept.  When I bought Off the Wind, I had 2 boats that I was talking to the owners about.  I delayed making a decision about 2 days and when I made the decision, the newer boat was gone by 10 minutes.  I immediately called the other owner and made arrangements to travel 500 miles with a cashier's check in hand for the full amount.  The boat had been on the market for 3 days and when I arrived, there was buyer #2 in the driveway talking to the owner with an envelope of cash!  But the owner was an admirable, and honest individual who gave me first choice.  I towed it away 45 min later.
If you have questions about the Eclipse call.  I always love talking sailing.  PM me and I will send you my phone number. (or maybe I have talked to you already????)

emyoung

I greatly appreciate the advice and indeed take it to heart.  I have full intention of doing exactly that; I will definitely DM you should I find one.

emyoung

I found my boat thanks for all of the leads, advice, and support.  Airtime hull #75 2016.  Launching it in a week.

Erik