a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

12v Vacuum

Started by crazycarl, April 15, 2022, 03:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazycarl

It may be awhile before we have electricity at our dock and the boat needs a good cleaning.  Has anyone used a 12 volt vacuum they could recommend?
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

Jim in TC

We have a Milwaukee battery vacuum (M12 version, I think, but on the road now). Not exactly what you are asking about, but would do the job, is handy and does a respectable job. Same battery can be used in a drill, light, and many other handy tools. If you already committed to some other battery tool brand see what they offer. With some you can get a 12volt charger...others may need to be charged elsewhere (and vacuums use quite a lot of juice)
Jim
2006 Sun Cat Mehitabel

Tim Gardner

Buy a 2000 watt generator. about $600 from Harbor Freight
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

crazycarl

I do have some 20v Dewalt tools.

I also have a 5200 watt generator.  A little cumbersome to be hauling down the dock though.

Bob23

Carl, keep in mind that whatever you do, all vacuums suck!

crazycarl

I was at the boat today cleaning her up and a gentleman was there installing the electrical to the docks.  If it's only going to be a couple weeks wait, I'm not spending $170 on the DeWalt.
I can get a small corded 12v off Amazon for $30.

brackish

I use a dust buster that is also used at the house almost every day.  It sits on a charger in the utility room, and you just pick it up and take it where you need it.  I can take it up to the boat and the charge will last well past the needed time.  I have power at the boat and also have a small AC shop vac but consider the dust buster much easier to use. 

deisher6

Hey Crazy:
I have been using a 12v Dust buster with a cigarette lighter plug, for more than a few years.  I try to vacuum the cabin every morning that I am aboard.  It is incredible the human debris that collects daily.

smooth sailin'

regards charlie