- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Trailer for a Com-Pac 23

Started by Seachelle, December 23, 2021, 03:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seachelle

Posting, here, as well on the CP 23 thread (hope this is ok!):

Hey, folks —

I am not sure where to place this or if it's even okay to post this — I'm looking for a trailer for a sailboat that I'm trying to buy (not a Com-pac, tho), and I came across a listing on Craigslist for a custom-made trailer for a Com-pac 23. Looks like it's never been used, too. Thought I'd share the link in case anyone is looking!

https://annapolis.craigslist.org/tro/d/mount-jackson-sailboat-trailer/7424234534.html

jthatcher

When i needed a trailer for my boat, i ended up going with   Loadmaster trailers in  port clinton , oh.   They were not cheap - my trailer is worth considerably more than my compac 23,  but they did a super job.  This past fall i had someone at the boat yard  exclaim what an awesome trailer i had  :)     my boat was in NJ at the time, and the guy from the trailer shop sent me a detailed set of instructions about how to measure for the trailer and then i called him and we walked through it to confirm what i had done.   it is working out just fine.   jt

brackish

Thanks for sharing, but have to say that is a bit of a strange configuration for a CP23.  No keel guides which I consider essential.  Keel rollers would also be desired but if not at least a continuous keel bunk.  The tongue looks way too short to keep the tow vehicle out of the water for launch.  And not hot dipped galvanized which would also be an absolute necessity for me if I were in the market for one. 

If I needed a 23 trailer I would go to AMW, Panama City, FL.  I bought one from them for a skiff I built and at the time just asked what they could do a 23 trailer for.  With all I mentioned above covered and stainless steel disc brakes on two wheels $3500.  That was a few years back.

Bob23

Knowing what my 23 trailer looks like, this one doesn't seem to fit at 23 in any respect. Our boats are too valuable and loved to place them on anything that's even remotely inadequate. But thanks for sharing Seachelle!
Bob23