a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Future projects?

Started by alsantini, December 01, 2021, 04:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsantini

As winter sets in, figure it might be time to see what everyone is planning on doing, project wise?  I'll start:  I have a new tiller to install, once we are back in FL and I was planning on fixing all the little mold voids or pops in the gelcoat.  I have hundreds of them that I believe were caused from rock hard 10 in tires and lots of miles on the road.  So, at the last minute before we came home for the holidays, I contacted Com Pac and drove the boat up to Clearwater.  Gerry looked at them, was a bit surprised at the number of them on the deck, and agreed to have his crew fix them as long as I could leave the boat for a month.  No problem since we are home until Dec 28th.  So Off The Wind sits in their yard and as time permits, they fix a few at a time.  I know this will cost me a bit but, I contemplated buying a new or newer Eclipse so my repair budget should be way less than new.  LOL  BTW, three years ago I replaced the 10 in tires with 13 in radial trailer tires.  Big difference and no new mold pops, that I could see.  Thiis summer I also replaced the trailer fenders.  All good on the trip south in November.  Had a couple of great sails on the Gulf before bringing OTW back to the Mother Ship. 
How about the rest of you.  Any plans for projects over the winter?   Sail On     Al

Windjammer1

Hi Al,the Eclipse i bought at Carlisle is now sitting in my driveway and i am just tickled to death.needs a lot of cleaning and tlc,but overall in very good shape.I understand it has been sitting several years so i am very happy with my new boat.This is my Third Com Pac,23,16 and this one,but the Eclipse will be my last,i am 76 years old so This will really be appreciated for its ease of set up.Enjoy your holidays,will call you first of the year with a lot of questions probably lol.

alsantini

Very cool.  We old guys need to stick together.  I am 75 and during the winter trailer sail so step and un-step every time I sail.  You need to bring that boat back to Carlisle next summer for CLR.  Great to have another Eclipse.  Last year we had two for at least part of the week.  Fast Doc brought his.  Nice boat - really clean.  Have a great holiday and I am always up for questions or conversations about the Eclipse.  BTW, probably my last boat also but my first Com Pac.  Have had a Catalina 16, Precision 18, Precision 21, Zuma, Laser II, and a MC Scow.  Currently have the Eclipse and a Catalina 14.2  Sail On  Al