a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Returning from a long Hiatus

Started by dreamchaser, September 14, 2004, 03:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreamchaser

Been checking out the new site and decided to join, They call me Don the Dreamchaser, and my wife Sallye is the Dreamcatcher. We have been involved with Compacs since 1981, Our first was a CP16,sail #1465.
 I guess you can credit me with the first bowsprit on a compac, in an effort to improve her pointing ability, I made a bowspit of magohany about
2 ft long. Then I began to expeiment moving the headstay for and aft, until it felt balanced. Not ever being a person to let well enough alone, I
added a Yankee flying Jib, and she became a Cutter. There was a 8x10
photo of her in the office at factory in Clearwater. I still have her today
at the dock, but in dire need of restoration. The First Sailboat love, we call her SEAHEART. We live on Copano Cove, near Rockport, TX. Adjacent to Copanno Bay.
    Our other boat is a CP23, #235, LAGNIAPPE, Tan Bark Sails. and a whole lot more, My next project is a diesel inboard, if i can find the Yannmar & parts.

Gil Weiss

Hi Dream Chaser,

Chasing dreams is a good thing. It seems that you havr also caught a few of them. Your story is very interesting and shows that you are very much into sailing. Great to have you join the growing group here.

Bob P.

Hello Dreamchaser,

How is the sailing in Rockport?? We sail in Galveston Bay mostly, but have
been thinking about a trailer vacation in our 23 further south sometime.

From what I remember of windsurfing in Corpus there is a good variety of
spots to check out.

Cheers,