a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Compac 27 deal

Started by Cruzin, October 13, 2021, 09:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cruzin

I just saw a 1987 Compac 27 for sale in Palm Harbor Florida for $10,800. It is listed on Facebook, this is a steal for someone!

Good luck!

Dale
" Some people never find it, some... only pretend,  but Me; I just want to live happily ever after, now and then."  Jimmy Buffett

crazycarl

If it's the same one I looked at back in July, the buyer will need a lot of tools, time, and cash to make it nice again.  The interior is trashed and the deck needs to be ground down and new gelcoat applied.  It looks like a dried up lake bed.  There are holes where things had been installed and removed, both inside and out.  The chainplates have rust stains running down them and some of the lifeline stations are missing bolts.  The only nice thing I could say about is, it has a new Westerbeke engine and transmission in it.
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

brackish

Sounds to me like you would be buying a new motor and transmission installed and getting the boat for free.  But you know how it is with a free boat.  I've passed up a few that I said I wouldn't take that boat if it was free.