a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

florida residency law

Started by patch, August 22, 2007, 07:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patch

i have heard that if you stay in Florida more than three months,you are suppose to register your truck trailer and boat as if you had moved to Florida.how would any one know in the 1st place,if you move around.i am planning on spending the winter sailing my suncat in Florida.sold my Harley to finance the trip.

pelican

We have many seasonal residents from canada and all points north of Florida. All winter there are canadian tags parked in driveways at our mobile home parks. There is also a large number of boats from out of state at our marinas.

I could be wrong, but I think you heard some bad information.... At least nobody else seems to be doing it.  Call the state DVM and see what they say.

And by the way... it's so increadibly hot down here now that sailing during the day is almost no fun at all. We went out two Fridays ago... The gulf was flat ... no wind at all ... and just plain hot. We went back in and launched the fishing boat. We ran ten miles out and fished/ roasted for three hours before calling it a day. Night time boating is still a blast!

patch

thanks,i don't plan on heading south till after hurricane season.DEC to march.we pull up our docks and moorings at the end of Oct.thats the reason i bought the suncat.easy to set up and launch.hard to hit a moving target.the Florida authorities ask,i will say i just got here yesterday.

pelican

We can't have any more Hurricanes ... If my home owners insurance goes up again... I will have to leave