a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Bimini parts?

Started by Cpy23ecl, December 24, 2020, 01:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cpy23ecl

I ordered my eclipse with the factory bimini and it has been revised from the original one.  As I was unwrapping the straps from around the frame I discovered a short strap with a d-ring on both ends on both sides of the frame wrapped up with the straps to tension the forward bow.  The straps are about 11" long.  Any one have an idea of what these are for?

Thx

Fred

alsantini

Fred.  No instructions?  Since my bimini is a different style, I am no help.  lol    Hope you get it all straightened out before hitting the water.  Merry Christmas buddy.    Sail On  Al

Cpy23ecl

No instructions.  Can't for the life see what their purpose is, but will contact Com-pac if I haven't figured out by next month.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Fred

Cpy23ecl

Found out the short straps are intended to wrap around the hand rail and then clip the bimini bow strap to the d-rings of the short straps.  I had assumed the bow strap was to be clipped to the stanchion base.

Fred

alsantini

Guess that makes sense Fred.  The installation looks good.  You may be the first Eclipse with the new bimini installation.  I wonder why they changed from the original?  I also wonder if it will give you more space under cover?  Enjoy.  Is your boat accessible to you over the winter?  I have never had the ability to work on a boat over the winter until I started pulling my Eclipse down to FL.  It looks like we will head South next week.  First year without the Eclipse and I know I will experience sailing withdrawal symptoms, but it is a strange year all around so....  Enjoy and hopefully it will be a short, mild winter.  Al

Cpy23ecl

I had talked to Gerry about the bimini before I ordered the boat and he told me he made the decision to change the bimini as he wasn't too satisfied with the original design and was surprised to not have received more complaints about it.  It appears to me that it might be a tiny bit longer than the original design as it goes almost up to the companionway.

I'm thinking that I can improve the amount of shade provided by either adding another bow and bimini to the back side of the gallows or just  making a phifertex mesh screen to attach directly to the back of the gallows to shade from sun coming from the stern of the boat.

The boat is accessible as it is in a heated pole barn just a few feet from my house.

Safe travels and stay safe once you arrive.

Fred