News:

Howdy, Com-Pac'ers!
Hope you'll find the Forum to be both a good resource and
a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Any plans for maintenance adding to your Eclipse?

Started by alsantini, March 24, 2020, 10:29:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsantini

Hey everyone.  Not sure everyone's status but we are in Illinois and under a stay at home order.  So, what is everyone doing to stay busy or engaged?  I read, work on a future class, and tomorrow I will begin, weather permitting, to get some additional maintenance done on Off the Wind.  I have a few chips that need gelcoat, teak that could stand another coat of Semco, and other than the hull, wax everywhere.  I waxed the hull twice while in Florida so it is done for the season.  Had we stayed in Florida, I would have finished the rest but came home to be near family and be quarantined in a larger unit.  In Florida we are in a one bedroom, one bath, park model with a lanai.  It gets smaller as the time spent inside increases.  Of course, we traded space for the weather.  80 degrees and sunny for 40 and cloudy.  It has been so cool that I have not even unfolded my recumbent trike yet.  Tomorrow 50 and sunny and I am hitting the trails at least inside our community.  But, I digress....  My other projects for OtW involve a new tiller (one with a 9 inch rise) and possibly a Simrad TP-10.  I also need to figure out how to get my boat to Sailing World, assuming they are open, for the stuck centerboard project.
So, what projects do you have lined up during this Covad-19 virus.  Practicing social distancing could easily involve spending time on your boat.... just saying....  Stay well everyone and stay connected.  Sail On,  Al

slode

My spring project for the boat is sewing up some hanging storage pockets to go above the settee backrests between the bulkhead and v-birth.  The ledges in this area tend to collect cell phones, glasses, wallets, and the like that always fall off once you push her to heel past 15-20 degrees.  My hope is to add a significant amount of storage area for these type of small items that will prevent loss and ease access.
"Sylvia" 2006 Eclipse #41

alsantini

slode

A place for everything, and everything in it's place!

A 5/16" stainless rod between two eye bolts provides the support.  I like the way it turned out so I'll probably do another one for the Starboard side.

Fastdoc98

Al, now that I'm thinking more about it, besides a polish and wax I need to get my ports in the cabin to seal completely.  I did some testing last fall before I put it away and at least 2 of them had little trickles when hit with a hose from the outside.  I tried adjusting the screws but some were stuck and wouldn't turn at all.  It's a 2009, so I don't know if the seals are going to need replacing.  I looked last fall to see where I could get replacement parts for this particular brand but came up with nothing so I'm assuming next step would be a call to ComPac.

alsantini

I replaced mine a few years ago.  An easy fix and the material came in one big roll that I cut for each window.  It has a glue strip that really sticks.  Once it is on you will not move it easily.  Don't ask how I know this. I bought it directly from Com Pac.

slode

Just wanted to try attaching a .jpg instead of the .pdf posted above.