a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

A shot in the dark

Started by brackish, May 08, 2020, 12:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brackish

anyone happen to have a 23 that has the sliding stove shelf on the port side handy for a dimension.  I'm looking for the dimension from the top of the settee plywood to the bottom of the sliding shelf that holds the stove.  I'm making a pot/pan/dish/utensil storage unit to go behind it and I failed to get that dimension yesterday when i was at the boat. 

Please, no trouble, only if you happen to be going in anyway, I can get it next time, but it is a rainy day and I had hoped to work on it some today.  I have the available length and width but forgot to see how high I can make it. Seventy mile round trip so will wait till next trip for other purposes if it is not available.

Bristol14

If I understand you correctly, you?re looking for the measure of the gap between the sliding stove and the underside of the seat on the port side?  I measured 1 1/4 inches from the rail to the underside and about 2 inches From the actual stove shelf to the underside. If that?s not what you?re looking for, my boat is only 25 yds from my back door under a canopy so I can access it easily to remeasure.
Paul

brackish

Quote from: Bristol14 on May 09, 2020, 11:32:01 AM
If I understand you correctly, you?re looking for the measure of the gap between the sliding stove and the underside of the seat on the port side?  I measured 1 1/4 inches from the rail to the underside and about 2 inches From the actual stove shelf to the underside. If that?s not what you?re looking for, my boat is only 25 yds from my back door under a canopy so I can access it easily to remeasure.

Thanks, but that can't be the same layout as I have.  Got to be at least a 14-16"  from the bottom most point on the sliding shelf that holds the stove to the top of the settee with the cushion removed.  Appreciate it but don't climb in there for it, I'm going up tomorrow to pressure wash the winter and spring slime off the boat will get it then.  Pic shows what I'm looking for bottom of the shelf to the gray plywood under the cushion.  The thing above the sliding shelf is a rack that holds my cabin table and I want to build in the galley utensil storage unit under it.