a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Sail in the Mystic / Stonington area

Started by SaltDog, July 18, 2019, 07:45:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaltDog

Is anyone interested in doing a Compac meetup sail in the mystic / Stonington CT area?

I have anchored in the mystic river and it is a nice place with a town dinghy dock to get to the restaurants in mystic.

Stonington has a transient anchorage and a dinghy dock as well.

I live nearby and keep my Compac 19 WAYWARD in Noank.

SaltDog
"WAYWARD"
1998 Compac 19
Noank CT

Bob23

I'd love to if I lived in the area. I was just up to Mystic for the Woodenboat show a few weeks ago...great time, great boats and great restaurants. Were you by any chance there?
Bob23

Finbar Beagle

Salt dog,

I might be able to drive up with our picnic cat.  We love mystic, especially the Steamboat Inn...

Regards,
Brian
Brian, Finbar Beagle's Dad

CP 19 MkII- Galway Terrapin, Hull 372
Northern Barnegat Bay, NJ

Bob23

Salt dog- when did you have in mind? I'm not local but could travel.
bob23

Jasmid53

I'd love to join. Just have to long enough notice. I have to coordinate with my dog sitter. I'm in Rhode Island, not that far away.

Cylonrob

My wife and I would love to explore Mystic, we just have no idea where to launch our 16, driving down from near Sturbridge.

curtisv

A downside to Mystic is the drawbridge.  Another is the crowds in the touristy part of the harbor.  The closer to Mystic Seaport the more crowded.  Better and cheap to stay outside in Noank and if you want to visit the touristy places take Uber or Lyft.  Or take a long walk if you are in the mooring field near nun 30, forgot the marina name, it is where my wife and I took ASA lessons a bit over 20 years ago.  If you are at Spicer's mooring field you'll have to take a ride unless you are up for a very long walk (two hours each way maybe if I remember the distance).

I'm more of an anchor out sort of sailor as long as its legal to anchor and safe.  Not sure how viable that is in Mystic area.

This would be doable if covid is not an issue next summer.  Not looking good right now with rise in cases and new variants.

Curtis
----------------------------------
Remote Access  CP23/3 #629
Orleans (Cape Cod) MA
http://localweb.occnc.com/remote-access

curtisv

btw - Pick a set of dates and rough float plan and move this conversation over to the "Group Outings and Com-pac Events" section.  You might need a catchy name since CLR and BBB both have catchy names.  At that point you will have volunteered yourself as the event planner by posting.

----------------------------------
Remote Access  CP23/3 #629
Orleans (Cape Cod) MA
http://localweb.occnc.com/remote-access

Tim Gardner

The Mystic Magic Moorup or MMM would be a great name for this  event
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.