a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Merry Christmas fellow Eclipse Sailors

Started by alsantini, December 22, 2019, 02:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsantini

Well, it is that time again for Christmas greetings to all.  Also a time for a question?  What are your sailing goals for 2020?
I will start off.  I plan to sail more.  Last year I did not feel all that good much of the time.  Prostate cancer kinda settled in and the med they were using really took its toll.  But I basically have a clean bill of health now and am gaining strength back.  Now I have to ditch the 20 lbs. that snuck up on me over 2 years.  I hope to take Off the Wind to the Keys during the winter for a few days of sailing and will definitely participate in CLR again this summer.
Above all I am grateful for my cancer free diagnosis and will enjoy sailing even more in the future.  We head back to FL in one week and I can hear Off the Wind calling me....
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night...  Al

Whisper

Merry Christmas Alsantini , and greetings from sunny Tasmania . Summer is with us once more and I'm back from travelling around The Australian outback in our land yacht ( MOTORHOME ) ha ha .
Have just had a sail in my Eclipse and it was fantastic .
Have made a few changes over the winter like cutting the mainsail down by 200 mm so that it actually fits the boat now . Had trouble with it hitting the boom gallows . Fitted a pump out toilet , with an electric macerater ,which is still legal here and it slides out where the porta potty fitted . Glad to get rid of the porta potty.
Also fitted a small portable esky type  fridge which is powered by solar .
Fitted a small anchor winch , which will save me going forward .
Hope to get to use the boat over our summer period and the bucket list includes Macquarie harbour on our West Coast .
Glad your health has improved , I've had a few issues as well ,just comes with the age I guess.
So fair winds to you my friend and enjoy your eclipse .

alsantini

Boy, you would have thought with 43 people reading the post we would have seen more than the one answer, but oh well.  May you all have a happy healthy New Year filled with sailing adventures and quality family time.  Sail On....  Al

Bob23

Well, I'm not an Eclipse owner but rather a 23 guy. However, the Eclipse would be my next choice if I were ever to move from my 23. I've sailed alongside Allen in Madame Z in strong winds and we were neck and neck, both of us having the time of our lives!

Merry Christmas (yeah, a tad late) and a very happy 2020 to all!!
Bob23

Fastdoc98

Sorry, Al, but I'm just back from visiting family for the holidays, but a late Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone!  Let's hope 2020 is a good one for all.

5monkeys

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Al,

I'm glad your health has recovered and look forward to reading of your adventures in Florida this Winter. One 2020 goal for me is to read your book Alone in the Gulf of Mexico. Maybe I'll do that while I wait for late spring launch.

All the best,

Keith
Keith

5monkeys
1982 Com-pac 19-Napoli
1981 Coronado 15--Sold
Herndon VA 20170

alsantini

Thanks for the plug on the book front.  I hope you enjoy it.  The sequel: Back to the Gulf of Mexico, starts where the first book ends.  Realistically I should have combined them into one book.  Let me know your thoughts.  Al