a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Ohio Compacs?

Started by greg988, July 02, 2019, 11:13:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg988

Hi there, I sail in Ohio and ran across my first fellow Compac owner while on the water at Buck Creek State Park.  Any other Compac Ohioans sailing on inland lakes? 

Christopher

Greg,
  I sail Buck Creek as well if I'm going out for a short sailing day since it is fairly close to where I live outside of Yellow Springs.  I have a Suncat.  What do you sail?
  Maybe we can meet up sometime on a lake.  Do you ever sail Lake Erie?  I plan on going up there sometime soon.

Chris

"Second Wind"

Salty19

There are three of us in Columbus--two 19's and a 23. I think we're all docked for the season at either Hoover Reservoir or Alum Creek.
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

Scott_S

Hello Ohio Com-pac sailors.

I sail a Com-pac Picnic Cat, mainly on Clear Fork Reservoir, south of Mansfield, Ohio. I live near Perrysville. It is nice to know there are other Com-pacs around.

Happy Sailing.
Scott
'83 Com-Pac 16, Sunfish, Com-Pac Picnic Cat, '96 Com-Pac 16CB Raven

greg988

I sail a CP 16-3.  I'd be happy to trailer her over someplace to meet up with other folks in the state!  I have yet to take her on Lake Erie.  I sailed Lake Erie in a much bigger boat growing up and not sure how I feel about taking a 16 on her. 

Vipersdad

At one time I believe there was one in Huron and one in Cleveland [possibly Edgewater Yacht Club].
s/v  "MaryElla"   Com-Pac 19 / II  #436
Iceboat "Red Bird"--Polar Bear 10-Meter, Built 1953

Lake Winnebago, Lake Mendota, Lake Namakagon, Lake Superior.

"To Hutch, Gerry, Buck, and Clarkie--Who made it so much fun.".....Robert F. Burgess, Author-Handbook of Trailer Sailing 1984