a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Off the Wind is out of the water

Started by alsantini, October 10, 2019, 10:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsantini

Normally, pulling OtW out of the water is a simple process.  Drop the mast in the slip.  Motor over to the ramp where the SUV and trailer are.  Put the boat on the trailer and head to the car wash.  This year, the Chain of Lakes has been in flood stage or near flood for over a month.  Anyway, with the water high and a no wake status on the Lake, I motored to the ramp.  Brand new docks on the side of the 4 ramps should have made this a breeze but with a slight cross wind, the boat blew up on the submerged dock and got stuck.  Damn, I hate when this happens.... LOL  I pushed, grunted, pulled, but could not budge the boat off the dock.  Obviously there was no one around.  I walked into the mechanical repair shop and found a young man to help (reluctantly - on his part)  The $20 I slipped him probably helped.  He was younger, stronger and fit, so the boat came off the dock easily and I loaded her onto the trailer.  She is now clean and just about ready for the trip to Florida.  Looking forward to some warm Gulf breezes pushing me through the salt water.  Sail on everyone.  If you get near Venice Florida this winter, look me up.  Would love to sail with fellow Eclipse owners.

Fastdoc98

Sorry to hear about your troubles, but then again, you get to sail the ocean blue while the rest of us knock snow off our boat covers!  Good luck with the drive down, hopefully that will be uneventful.