a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

New Eclipse Owner

Started by alsantini, August 28, 2019, 07:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsantini

Tomorrow is the day that Dan heads East into Indiana to pick up his new (to him) Eclipse and bring it home to Illinois.  I figure he will be on this site in the future asking questions.  I think it is a 2009.  Pics show it to be super clean and bright.  Even the sails look new.  Wow.
Funny thing is the previous owner beat me out of the boat by an hour!  I think about 6 years ago.  I was a bit slow and when I finally called to say I wanted it, it had been sold an hour earlier.....  But I found my Eclipse in KC and brought her home.  If you get the chance welcome Dan....  Sail on

Bob23

You can be sure he'll receive a one of a kind welcome here!  I love the Eclipse! It'd be my very first choice if I downsize from my beloved 23!!

Fastdoc98

Indeed, it is finally home on my driveway.  Just one expensive blunder transporting it home (don't forget to latch your forward hatches closed, kids!), but it otherwise trailered just fine.  Took the cushions out and gave the covers a good washing, now they're drying.  After going through everything I realized there's no gin pole, so mast raising and sorting out the lines may have to wait just a bit.  I'm really looking forward to sorting this thing out and getting some tiller time.  Are you all really ready for the Flurry of Stupid Questions I'm going to have?  Brace yourselves, the Dumb is strong in this one....................

Bob23

No worries...plenty of dumb answers just looking for a home! Welcome, you're in good company!
Bob23

Reighnman

Welcome aboard! You got yourself a great boat in the Eclipse.
Siren 17, O'Day 222, CP 19, CP 25, Sunday Cat

kickingbug1

welcome aboard. consider this an invite to the clr next june. I would love to race against another eclipse
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"