a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

NC ComPacs

Started by Bramble, August 19, 2019, 03:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bramble

In the past there was a North Carolina ComPac Yacht Owner's Association.   
Is this still in existence?
mike

wes

Keith Scott of The Sailboat Company in Richlands (www.sailboatrichlands.com) has been the unofficial organizer of the group. Basically the  "club" is whomever is on Keith's email list. In recent years he has put together a few events that were poorly attended, and I think this has been discouraging to him.

I think there may be renewed interest, if a few of us wanted to organize something. I'd be glad to be a part of it.

Wes
"Sophie", 1988 CP 27/2 #74
"Bella", 1988 CP 19/3 #453
Bath, North Carolina

geeman

I'm interested.  Sounds like a great idea.
1978 Com-Pac 16
Hull Number 558

AirborneJarhead

I'd be interested as well.
Cheers!
Rick
s/v Little Wing
Compac 16/1
Charlotte, NC

Bramble

A simple rendezvous or a cruise?
mike

wes

Anything is possible. Keith was interested in racing/sail trimming, and organized several outings that were a fun race on the upper Neuse followed by a dinner. I think it would also be fine to do more of a trip to an interesting destination. I think it may depend on the mix of boat sizes. If it's larger boats, an overnight trip to Ocracoke would be great, or to Beaufort/Cape Lookout, departing from Oriental or River Dunes.

Wes
"Sophie", 1988 CP 27/2 #74
"Bella", 1988 CP 19/3 #453
Bath, North Carolina

AirborneJarhead

I'd prefer a cruise, myself. But I'm definitely not opposed to a simple rendezvous. Especially if it's in the dead of winter!
Cheers!
Rick
s/v Little Wing
Compac 16/1
Charlotte, NC

RedLeg

Seems like there might be a number of Virginians on here who might be willing/able to participate based on location...
Leif
S/V Edelweiss
'89 CP16/3