a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Swim Platform

Started by Bristol14, August 02, 2019, 09:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bristol14

I'm thinking about a fall project to add a swim platform to Mudlark, my 23-2. I'd probably replace my existing swim ladder with a ladder that has a platform at the top. The platform would double as a spot to store a fuel container for long trips.

This is an old topic that shows up when you search the forum, but no pix are available.

Has anyone done this and if so, do you have a photo to share?

Thx.
Paul

brackish

Have not done it but have thought about it, however, not as a traditional swim platform.  I've thought of leaving the current ladder as is and devising a quick attach platform that starts at the right side of the ladder and wraps around the stern to the last stanchion holding the stern rail in place.  That is where the pelican hook is.  The biggest problem my wife has is climbing up that ladder then having to step over the rail with the backstay and main sheet in the way.  If she could step around with the pelican hook released, it would be much easier for her to board.  Would not want it there all the time just when anchored in a swimming spot. So not so large it couldn't be store aboard.  I added UHMW flat treads to my ladder a few years ago and that really helped but this would be the next step.