News:

Howdy, Com-Pac'ers!
Hope you'll find the Forum to be both a good resource and
a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Simrad Cruise Chartplotter transducer installation??

Started by Blown Away, August 18, 2019, 11:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blown Away

I purchased a Simrad Cruise Chartplotter with the transducer that can be mounted externally or internally on the inner bottom surface of the hull with no thru hull and wondering if anyone else installed this type of transducer internally in a CP23 and where in the hull they installed it??? Thanks

Bristol14

My 23 has an older Signet unit that works great. The transducer is mounted just under the vberth, pretty much in the middle of the boat.
Paul

Blown Away

Quote from: Bristol14 on August 19, 2019, 09:15:58 AM
My 23 has an older Signet unit that works great. The transducer is mounted just under the vberth, pretty much in the middle of the boat.

Thanks Bristol14 for the feedback! So I'm assuming that your transducer is also not a thru hull type transducer?? My old transducer was a thru hull transducer located under the berth on the starboard side and I removed it, well actually it practically removed itself when I began removing the flange nut. I'm not a fan of plastic thru hull fittings. Anyway it was removed and patched over with plans to have only one bronze thru hull for the a/c unit. With that said I'd like to stick to one thru hull if at all possible. The transducer that came with the Simrad unit can be transom mounted or surface mounted inside the bilge with epoxy without a thru hull but will eliminate the surface temp feature in which I'm not concerned about. My concern is finding a spot to locate it that won't throw my readings off from angle or hull thickness. Thanks again for your input!

Bristol14

Paul