a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Tanbark

Started by Renae, June 17, 2019, 01:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renae

Anyone found a good tanbark sailcloth/manufacturer for their Suncat?  My rigging needs a bit of upgrading, but when I'm done, the blown-out sail will need to be permanently doused.

Vipersdad

s/v  "MaryElla"   Com-Pac 19 / II  #436
Iceboat "Red Bird"--Polar Bear 10-Meter, Built 1953

Lake Winnebago, Lake Mendota, Lake Namakagon, Lake Superior.

"To Hutch, Gerry, Buck, and Clarkie--Who made it so much fun.".....Robert F. Burgess, Author-Handbook of Trailer Sailing 1984

Renae

Where can I find the pertinent measurements for the Suncat sail?

Zephyros

I found Super Sailmakers mentioned by several members when searching the forum for my new sail last fall. I almost purchased from them last fall but found the Com-Pac logo on the sail had to be added separately, no big deal, but I ended up just buying direct from Com-Pac Yachts / Hutchins Co. I would be cautious of just getting the sail measurements and having anyone make it, Cat sails are less forgiving then sloop sails and need the cut to be as the original manufacture intended, several members mentioned having to have mods done after delivery from generic sailmakers.

Super Sailmakers was a Com-Pac supplier at one point so they have all the correct measurements I believe and they list a Tanbark model as you want:

http://www.supersailmakers.com/com-pac-boats/

Com-Pac Sun Cat - Main
Made from a 5.0 oz. Tanbark-colored Dacron, 3 partial battens, with a bolt...
$1,308.00

Com-Pac Sun Cat - Main
Made from a white 5.0 oz. Dacron, 3 partial battens, with a bolt rope luff,...
$983.00