a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

1978 compac 16 - SOLD!

Started by westbay, March 14, 2007, 01:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westbay

The boat was built in 1978.  The hull is in great shape.  The previous owner & I both stored it indoors.  The sails have no tears or wear.  The rigging is also in great shape.  2005 was the last time it saw water.  It has the tilt trailer, which is easy to tow (and is in great shape). We are selling because my wife is not comfortable sailing with 3 little kids.  It is the best small boat I have been on.  Very easy to sail and very stable.  The boat is near Traverse City, Michigan.  The price is $2400.  My profile lists my e-mail.

steve buchholz

Do you have any pictures and list of any equipment ?
Thanks

Steve Buchholz

westbay

Thanks Steve,
I have uploaded two photos to my user gallery.  Search for "Bounty" (the name on the boat)

Equipment:
jib
main
2 sail bags
mainsail cover
tiller cover
cabin cushions
engine bracket
trailer
a few extra life vests, etc

bkyser

Still for sale?

Do you have any pics of cushions, sails, etc?  Does it need any work that you are aware of?

The hardest part for me would be to make it all the way up to Traverse City.  Would you be willing to store it for a few weeks, until I could arrange for a long weekend?  ( with a deposit of course)
  I'm in Northeast Indiana.  If I were to drive that far, I'd like to make a weekend out of it.

Thanks
Bob

westbay

Bob,  The boat is still for sale.  I am sorry I do not have more pictures.  The boat is in Traverse City,MI,  but we live in Milford, MI.  The pictures posted are from last fall.

The boat does not need any work. It is ready to sail.
There is no rush to move it. It is safe in our garage. 
I am sure we can find a weekend to meet in Traverse City.

Tom