a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

3 Cheers for CLR

Started by alsantini, June 29, 2019, 10:30:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsantini

Just returned from CLR.  First off many, many thanks to Steve and Sarah for running it.  It was a blast.  We sailed every day in "usually" moderate winds.  Had slips together in the marina.  Even managed to race one day and of course Matt won, as he usually does.  Carlyle Lake is a great venue and all of you within traveling distance should attend.  BTW, traveling distance is anything less then Idaho!  2 guys drove from Idaho 14 hours just to hang out with all of us.  What dedication!  During the raft up they hopped from boat to boat trying to figure out what their next boat should be!  Obviously I pushed for it to be an Eclipse - Have to see.   Thanks again Steve and Sarah - you out did yourself.  Sail On     Al

crazycarl

Thanks Sara and Steve!

The BBQ dinner thursday was delicious.

Friday steve and i sailed the entire lake from the south end north and back again.  Hit 5 knots occasionally and came in early evening just before sunset.

Driving home today had a blowout on the trailer minutes after leaving the expressway that tore the fender off the trailer.  Back on the road within 20 minutes and home in another 30.

What would a sailing trip be without a little "miss adventure"? ?????

Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

Tim Gardner

Sad I couldn't make it this year.  Surprised CC, you didn't cut, jamb, pinch or break a finger changing that tire ;>)}  Hope I cam make it next year!  TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

mattman

Thanks to Steve and Sarah for a great outing. Always good to be on the lake with the best bunch of sailors one could ask for. The parade down the lake was a highlight for me-it is really neat to see the boats sailing along close in as a group. Thanks for a great time!

kickingbug1

sarah and I were so glad we could host the event this year. she as well as my daughter love to organize a party. this year was a little more conservative on the decorations and gifts. im sorry the race course was just a windward leeward one. it did work out though. next year ill have it sorted out. I already designed a new marker. now if we could just figure out how to beat matt. im reluctant to comment on the wednsday storm situation. all boats came through and no sailor was lost (chris did cut his shin though---hope all is well with that buddy). I think everyone learned something that day. I learned that it takes more than 45mph sustained and 58mph gusts to ruffle her feathers. what a gal, what a crew. I also learned that my boat can take it (Catalina 18). the only thing that scared me was not knowing (at least for a bit) how everyone else was faring. I cant tell you how relived how I felt when I got the news that everyone was safe. this was an extreme situation but one where everyone kept their heads and did well. I proud of all you guys. proud to know you. thanks again for attending.
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

Christopher

I would like to thank Steve and Sarah as well for being such great hosts.  You both go out of your way to ensure everyone is well taken care of.  It is fun to get together to sail, swim and to get to know each other.  My brother Mike commented that he really enjoyed spending time with the CLR folks last week and he understands why I have attended so many.
  Al thanks for signing your book "Alone In The Gulf Of Mexico" for me.  I'm about ready to begin the read.  Carl I'm sorry about your misadventure with the blowout but am happy that you and Joan made it after considering your job retirement and your daughter's upcoming wedding.  Thank-you for the compass and I'm glad you got a good sail in on Friday.  I saw you out there.  Matt thanks for providing me the charts of Kentucky Lake and for letting me hang-out with someone that is a CLR legend in his own time.

Chris

Second Wind