a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Moving the main sheet block

Started by jimyoung, February 26, 2007, 08:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimyoung

I have been wanting to move the main sheet traveler forward of the cabin entrance for some time now and have the "Cap" piece off for some other work in that area so I am about to bite the bullet and do it.  At first I thought I could use a backing plate and through bolt the cap back on but there doesn't seem to be enough clearance between the cap and the sliding hatch to do this.  My next thought is to fabricate a bridge across and over, or raise the cap with a fabricated spacer so I can go as originally thought.  Any-one else out there done this conversion on a 27? I seem to remember seeing a 35' with this configuration and thought it would give much more room in the cockpit area as well as allow for the Bimini to move farther forward.

spaul

Jim,
My 27/2 has a main sheet traveler bridge across the coach top just in front of the slide stop. This may be optional equipment but I am sure it is supplied by Hutchins. Perhaps you can get one from him, it may come at some cost but it is absolutely worth it for performance and is well out of the way. I'll try to post one pic from the web but should be able to find pictures of my boat that would better explain where it is and how it is built. Check back and I should have a new photo posted soon.
Let me know if I can be of help or send photo's to your home mail directly.

Steve Paul

jimyoung

Steve,

This sounds exactly what I am looking for and I was not aware that Hutchins had such an animal.

Please do send any pictures that you have of it's mounting and of the boom hardware.  (I am assuming that the boom hardware is different than mine.

I will also try to contact Hutchins.

By The Way;  Great site! I just discovered it a few weeks ago but cannot keep from hitting it 4 or 5 times a day! Thanks for the hours of work it must take to keep it going.

Jim