a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Florida Panhandle/East Coast

Started by 49captain, March 05, 2018, 11:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

49captain

Are there any Com-Pac events in the Florida Panhandle or on the east coast of Florida around the Stuart area?  I'm a new Horizon Day Cat owner and woukd like to find a sailing group.
Ron

brackish

While not specifically or exclusively a Compac event, the B.E.E.R cruise that starts in Pensacola, FL. held in early to mid June is a lot of fun and there are usually three or four Compacs in attendance, including at least one Horizon Cat.  I've attended twice with my 23.

http://www.beercruise.info/

crazycarl

There is also the Florida 120 in May.
It starts and ends at shoreline park in
Gulf Breezes, FL.

Great people and great event.
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

Yamaha33410

I'm in west palm beach if you ever want to do some sailing or need a hand

I have a few areas here I like sailing around here and overnighting if you wish to learn about them, hit me up some time

I also think some cat specific stuff happens around Key Largo once or more a year

-Todd

1981 Compac 16

-West Palm Beach, FL

49captain

I might take you up on it this fall/winter.  I'm in Palm City but the boat is in Apalachicola.  I will bring it down here for the winter this fall.  I'd like to go to the Keys with the boat so I'll keep an eye out for events down there.
Ron

49captain

I haven't been able to find out anything about the Florida 120.  All my internet searches turn up past events but nothing current.  Is there a web site fo4 the event?
Ron

crazycarl

if you subscribe to Small Craft Advisor, it's listed on page 46 of the Jan/Feb issue.

it's always the week after mother's day.  it begins may 16th.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/fl120/about/

49captain

I don't do Facebook.  Are there any other links to the Florida 120 that are current?
Ron

wehumble

It took me a while to find this.  http://swidmier.wixsite.com/fl120

Keep thinking I should go, my Precision 21 would look like a 30 footer in with camp cruiser set. ;)

crazycarl

you don't have to do facebook.  you can just look at the site and get the info you need.  but i understand your reluctance.

we went 5? years ago and had a blast.  some young fellows brought along a "bar" with all the fix'ns and wouldn't take any $ for the drinks.

there was also a gentleman with a home built mini tug that would make supply runs for those in need.

it's a very well planned event and everyone was there to support each other.

there was just about every size and shape of boat in attendance. 

PJ

I did the Florida 120 for the first time this year in my SageCat 15.  It was an awesome event, great weather other than the midnight thunderstorm.  The event is usually held the week of Mothers Day each year.  I went down on Tuesday (event official sail day was Thursday) and watched the Blue Angels and Canadian Snowbirds airshow practices.

I will be going back next year!
s/v Good Tidings