a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

New CP 16 owner

Started by Colin B, September 04, 2023, 08:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin B

Hello fellow CP owners. I am the proud new owner of this 1983 CP16. I learned to sail when I was 12 traveling with my father to Venezuela. His business partner had a son my age and we sailed the coastline in a Sun Fish. He spoke only a few words in English and I knew a few words in Spanish, yet we had a great time on the water.

First thanks to all those who have shared their experiences and tips. I?ll need all the help I can get. I plan to post on the CP 16 folder for those who wish to follow and support my journey.

Below a few photos.

1) Priority is to remove damaged jib furling rig and get back to original rig plan. Standing rigging ok, Running rigging ok for quick sail before winter sets in here in MN.

2) stripped all old cushions and carpet from cabin, as I?ve got some work to do on peeling paint.

3) Electrical refurb, switch panel wiring makes me want two fire extinguishers. I?ll post a separate post for each job I work on.

Colin B

Jib furling damage to hound assembly and recoil mechanism went awol.

Colin B

First, I?m going keep the duckbill toggle switch look, remove cig lighter and replace with USB charger, add analog volt and amperage meters for vintage feel.

Second, I?m going to get all the terminals out of that box, I believe wire nuts an tape are outlawed these days for marine code.

Cruzin

Looks great, I like your companion way hatch. Have fun!

Dale
" Some people never find it, some... only pretend,  but Me; I just want to live happily ever after, now and then."  Jimmy Buffett

Colin B

Thanks Dale, I?ve seen other photos online of them installed, but they are screwed into the slots so I?m thinking of a method to slide in and out, replace with stnd drop board for storage or cover during bad weather. Would be nice to have a plug and play option.