a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

SV Freedom

Started by Reighnman, May 03, 2018, 04:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reighnman

She's been renamed, Freedom. Renaming ceremony will be Friday evening. I decided to change the gold striping as well. The top stripe mimics the newer design with the arrows and not wrapping around the stern plus I'm going sans gold stripes around the red for the season. I was never a fan of all those stripes wrapping around the hull.
Siren 17, O'Day 222, CP 19, CP 25, Sunday Cat

wes

So glad to find a fellow fan of the gold pinstripes! I did something similar on my 27. I used 1/4" gold mylar tape for the sheer stripe, located about 7" below the rub rail and following the curve of the rail. I made the half-arrows by hand with a razor blade.

I used the same tape but 1/2" width right above (touching) the cream colored boot stripe. You can see it in the second photo below. It's subtle but really highlights the boot stripe.

I chose to stop all stripes at the aft end of each side; nothing extends across the transom (including the cream boot stripe). Transom is solid blue. Would have liked to put the boat name on the transom but there's just too much hardware to work around (swim ladder and all those thru-hull fittings), so I opted for the name on the sides.

"Sophie", 1988 CP 27/2 #74
"Bella", 1988 CP 19/3 #453
Bath, North Carolina

Reighnman

Wes, your skill level is a bit higher then mine. I followed the raised gelcoat line left after 17 years from the previous strip and still managed to go all over the place. The aft is crowded so I just went with a cheap decal, think both plus shipping was $50.

Reighnman

She launched yesterday. Still a hot mess topside but working at the dock is infinitely better then in the boat yard.

Reighnman

First season for Freedom is in the books. I recorded 255 miles and 25hrs on the engine which is a huge jump for me. I learn a ton this season, and everyone on this site was super helpful as was Matt at Hutchins. The BBB2018 was the longest voyage, a 3 night 100 miler and I hope to do it again next season. A trip to Cape May is in the planning for next season as well which is about 60 miles from home port. 

Projects for the fall/spring are growing but we'll see how many get done. On the list are a solar vent(mold really took hold the last month), head water conversion, finishing teak which is 75% done, and replacing some of the halyards (I'll wait for a sale at Defender).