a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Problems with power boaters... grrr

Started by alsantini, July 11, 2018, 08:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsantini

First off, I am also a power boater although much happier with a tiller in my hand.  We took the kids and grandkids on a cruise last week.  We had a wonderful time, but when I got home there was a voice mail from the guy who is on the other side of floating dock from Off the Wind.  Apparently the wind got a hold of his powerboat and he "touched" my outboard.  He got my phone number from the owner of the marina.  So, Monday afternoon I went to check on my boat.  The motor was lying on the starboard cockpit seat still connected to the stern pipes by the cable lock.  The large heavy duty rubber block that the motor clamps down on was in two pieces.  How the hell he did this is beyond me although it was July 4th and I believe alcohol might have played a part....  I brought the motor home and also found the internal gas tank split.  Parts on order but no sailing in the foreseeable future.  That's the grrr part.  So, Sail On friends while I have another beer....    Al

captronr

Hopefully he will hand over the $$$$ when you show him the bills.  Too bad you can't add for pain and suffering. 

The tank on my 3.5 cracked at the top--it was 60 or 80 for  a new one, can't recall.  I screwed up and ordered the 2 stroke one by mistake, which doesn't fit the 4 stroke, so I got to eat the freight on it twice. 

Glad the big boat trip was fun.
Ron

"When the world ends, I want to be in KANSAS, because its 20 years behind the times."  Plagarized from Mark Twain