a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

CP27 in Ipswich, Ma

Started by Reighnman, March 19, 2018, 03:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reighnman

Saw this one on Craigslist. Interesting that it was repowered with a 20hp yanmar.

https://boston.craigslist.org/nos/boa/d/29-com-pac-27-sailing-sloop/6532687503.html
Siren 17, O'Day 222, CP 19, CP 25, Sunday Cat

Jasmid53

Ipswich, one of the prettiest places on the planet. Miles of white sand beaches and acres of marsh land. Crystal clear water, but damn is it cold. Was born there and lived my first forty years there. Plan to bring my 16 up to my parents place for the summer and do a couple of over nighters. Highly recomend anyone who's sailing or towing by to take some time to stop there. Just not around July 4th and two weeks after: huge blood sucking greened eyed flying monsters savage the coast then.

Bristol14

I saw this Ad and was tempted, but maybe 10 years ago, but today my Com-Pac 23 is enough boat for me.

Love Ipswich Bay, one of my most fun sails was thru the Cut Bridge and up the Annisquam River to the Bay. Did it again last summer on my friend's Pearson 26. We started in Hull and spent the night behind the Twin Lights on Thatcher's Island. The next day we checked out Rockport Harbor, Crane's Beach, sailed up the Annisaquam thru the Cut Bridge, sailed around Gloucester Harbor and then spent the night outside of Beverly. The next morning we sailed most of the way in the fog back to Boston Harbor and Hull. I'm still a bit deaf from the fog horn my friend blew every 10 seconds or so.
Paul

philb Junkie19

Very attractive with that newer engine. That area is beautiful. I have family in Ipswich and spent a lot of time there. Been down the Ipswich River a few times in a skiff, fished for mackerel at the mouth and camped up Fox Creek but have never sailed down that way.  My grandmother lived in Gloucester and Cape Ann is one of my favorite places. Used to be able to buy Twin lights soda, "tonic" with a pic of Thatcher Island in the bottle.

Bob23

Tis a nice little yacht and an attractive price but like Bristol, I'm quite satisfied with my 23.
Phil: I'll be on Cape Ann this July 21st for my 4th Blackburn Challenge. I love this place and found the people very friendly towards this flatlanda!

Bristol14

I used to work for Gorton's of Gloucester, the fish stick people, and lived in West Gloucester and Rockport for about 10 years. I remember buying Twin Lights soda in returnable bottles. If my memory serves me well, which it often doesn't, the bottler operated his line out of s small garage-like building in Rockport. While I didn't own a boat back then, I did know that Halibut Point was derived from haul-about, as in hauling about.
Paul

Reighnman

Siren 17, O'Day 222, CP 19, CP 25, Sunday Cat