a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Breeze Please, why yes please!

Started by Reighnman, March 26, 2018, 08:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reighnman

After a reconfiguration of the floating docks with the harbor master(my father) and a kind neighbor not caring that 10ft. of sailboat will stick into their yard, I'm the tentative new owner of Breeze Please, hull #29. She's a 2001 diesel with Edson wheel steering. 

I'm heading into this purchase boat unseen but can walk for any reason and will get to hear the engine fire up from her long multi-year nap. I have to thank Ron and Garinel for all their CP25 wisdom and also stalking their boats in the marina helped tip me. She's a one owner boat, who actually lived in NJ before moving to Illinois. Closing is the 10th, and she'll be hauled home hopefully by that weekend. Super excited to have a bit more room, and size to head into the great Atlantic Ocean for the 18 mile haul north to BBB 2018.

Siren 17, O'Day 222, CP 19, CP 25, Sunday Cat

Bob23

Fantastic!! The 25 is an interesting boat...not many around...trailerable with standing headroom, what a great combination. Can't wait to see her debut at the Bash!! Congratulations!!

Restharrow

Congrats!!  We've had wonderful experiences sailing The Coast of Maine and Lake Champlain on our CP 25.  GREAT little (BIG) vessel.
CP 25
Lake Champlain, Vt. and coast of Maine
FaceBook RestHarrow Farm and Boatworks

brackish

Congrats!  I bought my last two boats sight unseen which included my 23.  Both were contracted with a caveat that if there is something misrepresented including any relevant omission deal is off.  Because going to inspect a boat is often expensive, I like to limit the risk of a wasted trip with a firm deal in the event the boat is as advertised.

Reighnman

Thanks guys! It was a long mental journey to make the purchase. A month ago I didn't see this happening but once I got the neighbors blessing, the ball really started rolling. I debated jumping for a 27 but not being able to head out for that Saturday afternoon cruise because of low tide was a killer. Honestly a 27 offers much more for less than an added foot in the LOA but the added 1ft in draft won't work in our lagoon. I'm liking the idea of aging up to a 2001 boat, and those perch seats will keep the nieces happy and out of the way. Now the marine head I could do without but oh well. The broker has been very nice (He's tired of dealing with this boat) and is actually picking me up at the airport and taking me back after closing.

Everything is said to be in working order, so hopefully I can spend my few remaining $ on a stern rail bimini. I'll likely keep my 19 until I know the 25 is the right boat for me but don't tell that to the admiral. Might have to hide it at the boat storage lot in town. She reminded me last night that this will be my 4th boat in 4 years. Never good when they start counting.

I'll post some pictures once I hear that diesel rumble and have title in hand.

Finbar Beagle

Congrats Reigh!

Looking forward to the pics, and best of luck!

Hope to meet you at the Bash!
Brian, Finbar Beagle's Dad

CP 19 MkII- Galway Terrapin, Hull 372
Northern Barnegat Bay, NJ

Ron

Don't think you will be disappointed, a fine little(big) boat.I envy the diesel however,an all important accessory.
Ron

Bob23

Hey you guys do realize this will be the first ever CP 25 at the Bash! Which qualifies you for some kind of award. Please make it up there! But I do take one exception at the diesel "rumble". Nay, nay....let's hope for a purr!!

Reighnman

The engine purred to life within 2 seconds. She needs some serious elbow grease and ironically was originally sold by G. Winter in 2006. Hauler arrives Friday to bring her home.

Bob23

Bob23

I had the honor of meeting up with Ryan and the newest addition to his family- his Compac 25. So much room...pretty beefy rig and mast...enclosed head with stand up shower, diesel, inboard rudder...I like it! Congrats, Reighnman...can't wait to see her at the bash!!

Reighnman

Thanks Bob! The repair list grew after you left. The winches will require a full breakdown, soaking, and rebuild. I also cracked two handrails during removal. The bungs must have been glued in place so even after I drilled them out, the little remnants were enough to cause the screw head to pull the wood apart at the ends. On the next set I'll ensure nothing is left and maybe duct tape the ends. Gorilla glue should fix it.

Bob23

I saw the winch video...nothing that a little elbow grease can't fix. And yes, I've also broken the grab rails, too. Some glue should do the trick! Keep telling yourself that you're having fun!!! You have a nice boat there to invest the time in.
Bob23