a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

SR Mariner Depth Meter (Analog)

Started by dvhartley, February 11, 2007, 06:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dvhartley

This is the original depth meter that came with my 27. During my last sail the meter was only showing five feet or so in water I know was ten feet. Before that the meter has  always worked. Being the electrical genius that I am I flicked the plastic covering the dial with my finger, and the meter needle flipped over to the opposite side of the gauge, and now doesn't move from that position when the power is on. When I cut off the power the needle spins back and returns to its resting place where it would normally be with the power off, below the zero.
Anyone have any idea how to correct this, or is this a high tech thing?
It appears to be well made.

I tried to remove the meter from the bulk head from the head side, but it is in there tight. It has a ring going around the meter on the back side with a screw and nut that tighten the ring, but when loosened the meter is still in the bulkhead tight. If I have to remove it does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should be doing in order to take it out?

SR Marine states on their web site that they are discontinuing sales, but it looks like they are still repairing the instruments.