a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Eclipse on Charlotte Harbor

Started by alsantini, November 18, 2017, 07:57:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsantini

We (Bryan and Al) were out on Charlotte Harbor, Florida yesterday.  We were on Brian's friend, Arthur's boat, when a great looking boat sailed past us.  Another Eclipse!  Both Bryan and I remarked, "What a great looking boat!"  Of course we are a bit biased.
Anyone know who is this?  Might be nice to set up an Eclipse sailing day with 3 boats in the water.
Have a great Thanksgiving everyone.  We head back North this Tuesday for the holidays.  Sail On.   Al   (Enjoyed the day Bryan - we need to do it again!)

gmerrill

Glad you made it down safe and sound Al. I got my Mclube and I'm going to do as you suggested.
Greg

alsantini

Forgot to mention that we were on a Cape Dory 22 full keel.  Handles different from the Eclipse but a great day on the water....

Vectordirector

Glad you had fun Al.  I don't live on a calendar so whenever you are around works for me! Arthur and I take it day by day.  I'm not sure how much he's got left in him but we were getting out 3 to 4 times a week the last 3 years when the weather was good.  I'm usually good for 2 days in a row before I need a day out of the sun. 

Safe Travels and Happy Holidays,

Bryan
2005 Eclipse #23  Sold

Meander

My wife and I sailed our Eclipse from Bokeelia to Pelican Bay Friday around noon and then sailed back Sunday around noon.  Had good sailing both directions and great weather in the anchorage both nights. We had the company of two other Compacs in the anchorage.  Also, a neighbor in Bokeelia just purchased an eclipse so we might be able to have a gathering of 4 Eclipses.

alsantini

Four Eclipses in the same place!!!  That would be so cool.  I will be back around the New Year and would love to plan a day of sailing together.  I have thought of launching in Boleelia.  Good ramp?  How is the marina?
2018 will become the year of the Eclipse?  Sorry - I could not help myself

Al

Meander

we have several launching ramp options and a good marina in Bokeelia.  We should try to get together to make 2018 another eclipse year.

Christopher

Al,
Were you sailing near Fishermans Village last Sunday afternoon?  My wife and I were watching a sailboat on the south side of the Village.  It looked like it was an Eclipse the best I could tell.  Unfortunately Monday morning we flew back to Ohio.  Happy Thanksgiving!
Chris  (Second Wind)

Vectordirector

Hi Chris,

That was probably me on Sunday.  We (my 85 year young sailing buddy Arthur and I) came out of my canal into the river around noon and headed northwest and then back over toward Fisherman's Village.  Then back across and back in around 2.  Great couple of hours out there although we were on the edge of needing to reef the main as the wind picked up. We decided to come in and watch football.   Arthur is sharp as a tack but he doesn't move around well so we don't push it too hard.  He loves being on the water and he loves how easy the boat is to sail. 

Stay Warm,

Vectordirector aka

Bryan
2005 Eclipse #23  Sold

Christopher

Bryan,
  It was breezy and the water did look rather choppy Sunday.  Have a great TG!
Cheers,

Chris (Second Wind)