Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Wind Apps- SAIL FLOW

Started by Finbar Beagle, September 22, 2017, 07:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finbar Beagle

folks,

I have been using the Sail Flow app to help plan my sails.  I have found this to be a great tool for my local area.  I have it on iPad at home, and phone on boat.

I have looked at a few other ones, but fo me, this is the easiest, and I like the zoom ability and accuracy.

I am curious to see what others are using.

Regards
Brian, Finbar Beagle's Dad

CP 19 MkII- Galway Terrapin, Hull 372
Northern Barnegat Bay, NJ

tmw

I use Windy, and have been pretty happy, but i'll check out SailFlow as well.  First blush it looks pretty similar, and will have to evaluate accuracy..

jdklaser

I walk out side and look at the treetops. 

bruce

I've been using SailFlow, or it's sister product WindAlert, since 2011 and like it a lot. Forecasting seems generally accurate, but not without surprises.
Bruce
Aroo, PC 308
Narragansett Bay, RI

Vectordirector

I've been a happy user of the free Sailflow App on my MOTO G3 on Charlotte Harbor.  I am a weather geek so I also use the Weather Underground App for local Hi resolution Doppler Radar Feed.  This a also a free App and those two are all I really need on the Eclipse on the water here. 

Fair Winds,

Vectordirector
2005 Eclipse #23  Sold

Finbar Beagle

Weather underground Doppler radar sounds great.  I am using the weather channel, and its not easy to access sometimes.  Sail Flow was sot on today and I managed a 32 mile round trip sail in 12 hours, not a record,  but would not have tried otherwise.
Brian, Finbar Beagle's Dad

CP 19 MkII- Galway Terrapin, Hull 372
Northern Barnegat Bay, NJ

deisher6

This has worked well for me. 

http://windmapper.com

regards charlie

Duckie

I just checked out windmapper.  AWESOME.  I use sailflow, but it is cumbersome to navigate.  Windmapper is way easier and is now in my favorites.

Al

TedStrat

Thanks - I Just added WindMapper too.  I use Passage Weather....found it to be extremely accurate and good visuals for direction, intensity etc. just don't forget to make the correction for the time (UTC). I subtract 5-6 hours for East Coast. (I.e.; wind forecast for 1800 hours would be 12 noon here)

http://passageweather.com/
-Ted

s/v 'Helios' - Eclipse.....Huntington, Long Island NY

notbob

Windy/iKitesurf(sailflow) and NOAA forecast charts.
C23/I - Hull #17