a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Irma on the way....

Started by alsantini, September 05, 2017, 06:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsantini

Hey all you Florida guys:  Please be safe.  Maybe think about pulling the boat and getting out of Dodge while you can.  This does not look like a storm to play chicken with.  God bless you and your family!      Al

alsantini

Latest track, which changes by the minute, puts our park model smack dab in the eye of Irma.  Does not look good for our whole area.  But as they say, it is what it is.  We have spent 17 wonderful years in the campground: first in a travel trailer and then in a park model.  My guess is the entire campground might be leveled.  I do not think there is a building, other than a couple of bathrooms, that will survive.  Mandatory evacuation took place yesterday.  My thoughts and prayers are for those that either could not or did not evacuate.

captronr

Hope it's not as bad as your fear, but the important thing is that people got out--I hope they did! 

When we first were married, we lived in a single wide mobile home.  You NEVER had to look outside or wonder what the weather was:  Windy--the trailer shook.  Raining--it sounded like banging.  Hail--sounded like machine gun fire.

Glad you are safe.

Ron
"When the world ends, I want to be in KANSAS, because its 20 years behind the times."  Plagarized from Mark Twain

Floridagent

The day after Hurricane Irma came through Eustis, Fl at four a.m. Trees and branches down everywhere.  Power out and no estimate of when it will be repaired.  Generator is humming along. All boats are un-damaged. Cats, horses, and people all happy. Tried a photo attachment from my iPhone and it was too big; no clue how to detect photo size on the iPhone (a user manual would have been a help!) ... back to work ... thanks for the Kubota front end loader, chain saws, and dump trailer!
"Cay Cat"     (say "keycat")

alsantini

Irma went around Nokomis and left our campground almost completely alone!  A few tree limbs down but no real damage to the park.  Amazing.  I spent a few hours reviewing my hurricane insurance and have now put them away again.  Feel sorry for all those who were not as lucky.  My thoughts and prayers are with them.

Tim Gardner

Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

captronr

Wow, good news Al.   

I've been worried about your place faired.

Ron
"When the world ends, I want to be in KANSAS, because its 20 years behind the times."  Plagarized from Mark Twain