a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Hurricane Irma

Started by gmerrill, September 10, 2017, 07:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmerrill

Need to be praying for and thinking of the folks at Compac. According to news reports they took a direct hit. Hopefully we can find out tomorrow if everyone is ok

alsantini

Actually I don't think they took a direct hit.  The storm moved a bit to the East about an hour ago and is now aiming toward Disney.  Still a lot of wind and storm surge for Com Pac and probably power outage.  Fingers crossed

Tom L.

We got the eye of Irma nearly right over us in the Villages, Fl. On the map it's near the intersection of I-75 and The Florida Turnpike.
We were fortunate all the houses here are newer and built to take hurricanes. We had 110 mph gusts but no damage. Trees uprooted and limbs ripped of but in at our house no issues. Our utilities are underground so we didn't loose power. Some around us did because the feeder lines were hit. Some houses did have damage but from what we saw it was from falling trees.
Hope all others on the board faired well too.

Tom L.
Present boat, Menger 19 "Wild Cat"    O'Day 25, Montego 25, Catalina 30, Tartan 37, Catalina 380, Mariner 19, Potter 19, Sun Cat

alsantini

Great news Tom.  Same for us in Nokomis.  No real damage but lots of tree branches down in our park.  A walk around of our park model showed all windows still intact. phew...  I have a sick stomach for all those that suffered substantial damage or complete loss.  There was a shot of a campground in the Keys - it was wiped off almost completely.  hard to imagine such destruction.
Al