a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

How to look at Pictures

Started by gmerrill, August 12, 2017, 12:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmerrill

Could someone give this redneck instructions on how to reach the pictures that are posted on this website
Gratefully
Greg

brackish

Greg, most of the members of this forum had been using Photobucket to host the  pictures on this site.  When Photobucket changed their policy to not allow third party hosting unless you paid a price that was akin to extortion, most dropped photobucket and they cut the links from their site to all third party sites.  There are no instructions to get to those pictures.  It is up to the original poster to reset them using a different picture hosting entity.  Since it is not a mass replace, no one is going to do that.  However, if a particular post is of significant importance to you I suggest you PM the poster and ask for the picture to either be sent to you or reset.  Since it is a bit of a chore, I suggest you don't ask for just casual interest and of course it is up to the original poster to respond if they wish.

If you want more information on the problem read the post on Photobucket Policy change in the General Announcements section of this forum.

gmerrill

Thank you for the info. I do feel somewhat better knowing it wasn't my lack of intelligence.
Greg