News:

Howdy, Com-Pac'ers!
Hope you'll find the Forum to be both a good resource and
a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Bottom Paint revisted, again, still.........

Started by captronr, June 17, 2017, 01:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captronr

Hi all,

Based on searching this site, it appears to me that my 2012 Eclipse has Interlux Interprotect 2000E (gray) applied initially, followed by "Interlux anti-fouling Red modified epoxy barrier coat".   

I've not found a number associated with the 2nd paint.  Searching paint sources doesn't narrow it down much.

Since right now I'm only needing a small amount to patch some dings in the keel area, I'd rather not spend several hundred $$$ when I only need a few ounces.

Any assistances appreciated.  I need to call Com Pac next week, so maybe I can get a number from them.  I might call on of the major paint sources to see if they have more info.

Thanks.
Ron
"When the world ends, I want to be in KANSAS, because its 20 years behind the times."  Plagarized from Mark Twain

alsantini

I think you have all the information I have.  Not home right now, but I will look once home this Saturday.  I am pretty sure that I do not have a number for the red barrier coat though.
Watched a sailboat sailing the large lake in Grand Tetons National Park.  Looks like another item for the bucket list.  LOL  Kind of a long haul to bring the boat here, but some superb sailing on cold clear water with mountains in the background.  Really a cool idea.
Al

captronr

Yeah you sure wouldn't want to take a dip in that water.

I still have to call Com Pac.  If I find a number, I'll post it.

Have fun,
Ron
"When the world ends, I want to be in KANSAS, because its 20 years behind the times."  Plagarized from Mark Twain