Main Menu

SunCat in Missouri

Started by Sunapee Sailing, May 20, 2017, 01:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunapee Sailing

Dreaming of a SunCat
A Horizon Cat would be great too.

BruceW

You won't find it searching in MO, since MI is Michigan, ;)

Nice looking boat though.
Bruce Woods
Raleigh: WR 17
New Bern: CP 23

Sunapee Sailing

Dreaming of a SunCat

Mas

Well that just makes it closer!

The first photos are of a 23 not a Sun Cat. was a little surprised till i scrolled further. Looks nice, more than likely fresh water sailed, stored in-doors, so when ya going!
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Sunapee Sailing

Yes, yes..I emailed the marina and pointed out that they indeed have the wrong picture posted on the website.
Dreaming of a SunCat

Tom L.

Are you planning on taking a look at that boat. Looks like it would fill your need. The price is higher but it is probably a fresh water boat which is important and means a lot. The early Sun Cats have a S.S. centerboard trunk that can corrode in salt water when the boat is wet stored.

Tom L.
Present boat, Menger 19 "Wild Cat"    O'Day 25, Montego 25, Catalina 30, Tartan 37, Catalina 380, Mariner 19, Potter 19, Sun Cat

Sunapee Sailing

TomL
"The price is higher...."

Do you mean that this boat is overpriced?
What would be a good offer....granted we haven't really seen the boat yet.

Susan
Dreaming of a SunCat

Sunapee Sailing

I WOULD like to see the boat but its 13 hrs from me...yikes
Dreaming of a SunCat

Tom L.

I recently bought a Menger 19. It was in New Jersey and I am in Florida 15 Hours drive time. I made a telephone offer and it was accepted contingent  on my final revue in New Jersey. I drove three hours to check out one Menger that was perfect but over priced but I did get a very good idea of what the boat was like. I was negotiating on two other boat, the one in N.J. and one in N.C. The boat in N.C. had issues so I opted to check out the N,J. boat and finally bought.

The Boat was acceptable after a review with a minor price reduction lower than my telephone offer. I finalized the deal and towed the boat back to Florida. I have done this for several boats. It works for me but I have a lot of years sailing and buying boats.

A fourteen hour trip can be a vacation if you make it that.

If you really want the boat make an offer that you are comfortable with. If this is the first Sun Cat you have seen maybe it's not the time to make that kind of offer. But if you have done your home work you should recognize the boats pluses and negatives.

By the way I sold my Sun Cat within days of bringing the Menger back to Florida. They are great boats especially suitable for trailer sailing which is what we do now.

Good Luck

Tom L.
Present boat, Menger 19 "Wild Cat"    O'Day 25, Montego 25, Catalina 30, Tartan 37, Catalina 380, Mariner 19, Potter 19, Sun Cat