a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Com-pac 16 - 3 for sale in ks/kansas city

Started by Sailaway, July 22, 2017, 09:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

captronr

My daughter lives in Olathe, so if anyone needs me to take an unbiased look at it I can.  I have an eclipse and not familiar with the 16, but I'm in KC about once a month and don't mind looking for someone here.  PM me for phone number.

Ron
"When the world ends, I want to be in KANSAS, because its 20 years behind the times."  Plagarized from Mark Twain

Sailaway

I'm fine with this as well, my number is listed in the Craigslist ad, would be the easiest way to get a hold of me.

Sailaway

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/boa/6294533277.html?lang=en&cc=us

Relisted here, willing to entertain any offer or interest.  In the meantime I will keep sailing the boat!

Sailaway

Any interest for $3800?  If no responses, I'll just have to keep enjoying for myself!

tmw

It may not be my place, so please don't be offended, but the price seems a little steep.  If you are expecting an '89 Compac 16 to sell north of $3k, I'd expect it to be in pristine condition, all sorts of fancy cool things, including a decked out interior, and a nicer set of pictures.  For example, the work Gordon in the UK has done making his 16 interior nice, and the weather protection on the cockpit, are the type of thing.  You pictures are more like fun pictures, rather than impressive type pictures.

That said, I hope you do still enjoy sailing the boat, it looks nice.  Just one opinion, feel free to disregard.

Sailaway

Not offended at all.  I think it's a little bit of knowing what I have in it and knowing how much I really do enjoy it still and how much it would take to to make it worth giving up.  I hear you on the low quality pictures, that's just shear laziness on my part.  I also realize I'm marketing to a group of people who probably already have a Com-pac.  Otherwise why would they be lurking on this site?  But honestly I think maybe I'm just not really ready to sell it.

bob lamb

Ahoy Captain TMW, you referred to a "Gordon in the UK" who did some nice work on the interior of his 16.  Would you have a link to his pics?

I just bought a 16 with a basic interior and looking for some neat ideas.

Bob in Bama

tmw

Take a look through the Anyone for Applejack thread:
http://cpyoa.geekworkshosting.com/forum/index.php?topic=8427.0

Some of the pictures may not show up, but you can ping GeeW (Gordon).

Sailaway

Ok after some more thought, I am serious about selling the 16, but cannot accept anything less than $3000 which is much less than what I have in it.  I'll try and get some better pictures of it soon to show some of the detail, but this will probably not happen until tomorrow evening or Sunday at the earliest.  I realize my starting point was high to see what kind of interest there may be and in hopes I may get lucky, however I think if you see what all I have done to the boat, and knowing it is "ready to go" in just about every sense of the phrase; $3000 is a very reasonable price if you are in the market. Altogether I am pushing $4000 in the boat myself and have kept a spreadsheet of most of my expenditures.   

What have I done to the boat since I have owned it?  Well off the top of my head:

Added an IDA rudder upgrade last spring, still have aluminum blade to go with the boat.
Restrained and Polyurethane the cabin way door
Re-oiled the teak seat, hatch rails, and bowsprit, and all interior teak/wood
Re-bedded through deck hardware
Replaced all NAV lights, except for the bow light fixture, which may need some attention
2015 - 155 Genoa from Super Sail Makers
2017 - 110 JIB never flown from Peak Sails
Mack Sails Main sail, older but still in useable shape a little staining at the bottom.
Nissan 3.5b outboard, repainted the case.  Had a new fuel tank when I purchased it from the prior owner.  This summer I replaced the water pump, rebuilt the carb, new prop, new coil, and new plug.  It runs like a top and is a great compliment to the boat
Replaced the plug for the mast light
Stern light is new LED
New LED bulb in the bow light
Replaced the mast light with an original like fixture
I have 2 dock fenders to go with it.
Lines were all replaced in 2015, 2 new halyards, and 2 new sheets.  The jib sheet is showing some wear.
The cleat rails were both pulled and re bedded to the combings
Stays are in fine shape
Patched some gel coat in the cockpit, looks decent
Battery is one year old deep cycle 100 amp hour, LED bulbs in most light fixtures means it will supply power for days
Replaced all toggle switches in the fuse panel
Added a 12 volt power outlet with USB charging ability, keep your phone and Bluetooth speaker charged on the water
Added an LED cabin light with red/white lighting, original cabin light still in place and works.
Added a Danforth anchor with 4 feet of vinyl coated chain and 150 feet of anchor line
2 collapsible emergency paddles
Trailer; Replaced the axle, hubs, springs, bearings, wheels and tires, added bearing buddies, changed to LED lights, and rewired the trailer (with a dedicated ground wire).  Replaced the winch and strap.

All this boat needs is the bottom paint put on to make it look cleaner, otherwise it is in fine to sail as is, I have the paint to go with it and a roller you can have as well.

Kansas does not title boats so I do not have a title, I do have the Illinois title that was signed over to me I will be happy to show you and you can take with you if you purchase the boat. The boat is currently registered in Kansas. 

Trailer does not have any VIN documentation on it and no title, the sticker is long gone.  In Kansas you do not need to register any trailer under 2000 lbs, so I have never really worried about this.

Micky

Your not to high on price, looks like a nice boat, I just sold my 82 for $5900 it was also on craigslist in Columbia mo, actually sold it in Nashville. these Cop-Pac 16 hold their value well, good boats.

Sailaway

Thank you, it is a very nice boat.  And a blast to sail!  I saw your listing while it was still active, you also had a really nice compac!

Here is the link to the new listing, with many additional pictures as promised.  Contact number is inside as well.

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/boa/d/compac-16-sailboat-com-pac-16/6294533277.html

Sailaway

*bump* still for sale, will entertain reasonable offer or partial trade for a Zuma or a Catalina 12.5

Sailaway

****Sold for $4100****

Thank you all for your help with the boat the last couple of years.  Was a blast to sail, but even more fun to sell!