a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Gulf Stream Crossing

Started by ewosbor, February 19, 2017, 02:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ewosbor

We have owned our CP27for about 3 1/2 years.  We purchased her in Baltimore and sailed/motored down the ICW in 2014. Currently we docked at Gilbert's in Key Largo.  Our goal is do a crossing to Bimini this fall.  Looking for any tips or advise before attempting it.

wes

OMG I am so jealous. Please post often about your trip! Really looking forward to doing it myself some day.
"Sophie", 1988 CP 27/2 #74
"Bella", 1988 CP 19/3 #453
Bath, North Carolina

thomeng55

http://cpyoa.geekworkshosting.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=3447

Frank... profile above has been there several times, as I recall.

and Chris sailed there last year. http://cpyoa.geekworkshosting.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=9525

Might try messaging them.

Thom
CP 27
SV TomCat

relamb

Post the timing of what you mean by "fall".  I too would like to take my boat over to the Bahamas next fall, probably very late Oct or first of November.
We could have a flotilla!
Rick
Rick
CP16 CP23 CP27
Zionsville, IN

Potcake boy

Hey guys, there is a chance that I too would like to do that trip.
Ron
Pilot House 23 - GladRags
Punta Gorda Florida

A mouse around the house - but much hotter on the water

Allure2sail

Hi Guys:
Looks like I'll be doing the same trip this fall. First I have to get the boat Allure II a 1987 27 to Florida. I have a few people that might help me get it there. I hope they come through for me. I am in New England and near Newport, RI. I just got back from an eight day charter in the BVI's and then over to Saint Maarten....awesome week !!! Now I really got the fever to get down there with my boat.
Bruce
Allure II
Swansea , MA

ewosbor

We also were thinking late October or early November.  Sound like we could make this a real flotilla.  We have been working on making our boat ready for the journey.

Tim Gardner

Bruce, I might like to stand a few watches on your journey south.  Give some timing and Ill plug it in my "extremely busy" Fall calendar.

TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

Allure2sail

Hi Tim:
Aren't you from my area? (Rhode Island)
Bruce

Tim Gardner

Originally from central NY, Cayuga lake.  Went to college at NY Maritime. At the head of LI Sound.

Nope! Not RI, but closer than now.

TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

CurtTampa

Sign me up!! I'll need time to get around the Cape of Key West but would enjoy being in the company and safety of a group.