a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Sheet line cam cleat

Started by Loki2, August 29, 2016, 04:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loki2

Been trying to get used to the factory rigging on my Legacy, which is a very nicely designed boat. My instinct to release the cleat on the sheet line is to just give it a tug which only works when in the stern of the cockpit where I rarely am, sailing a lot single handed the boat is much better balanced sitting farther forward. So I had to lean back, sometimes even slide back in the cockpit to release the sheet line. After some investigating I realize there was a simple solution to my problem. The fiddle block attached to the boom gallows for the sheet line had a reversible clam cleat. I unbolted the cleat reversed it and now I can conveniently  release the cleat. One happy camper again.  Mike Sr
After three boats finally found the right one

Loki2

Jib lines on my legacy have been hard to release unless standing up, looked like the lead was too small. Turns out previous owner put 7/16 lines on the jib and Genoa instead of 3/8. And the sheet line is oversized too. While ordering 3/8 jib and sheet lines, West Marine hooked me with a close out sale. 66% off on a Harkin ratching fiddle block. A real luxury for a geezer, with less load on an un cleated sheet line. Just took Loki ll out of the water so I'll post the results in Feb. when I'll be sailing again
After three boats finally found the right one