a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Tires free for shipping cost

Started by alsantini, August 14, 2016, 09:00:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsantini

I have 2 Carlyle 10 inch 90 psi tires on galvanized rims free to an  Eclipse owner.  Lots of tread left since they have around 7500 miles on them.  Shipping from Elgin, Illinois.

Meander

Hi  I am a new owner of a 2005 eclipse.  I spend the summers here in central Indiana but my plan is to take the boat to our condo in Bokellia Florida which is on Charlotte Harbor.  I want to store the boat under our condo but the height of the boat on the trailer is an issue.  I have the Performance trailer and I do not know if your wheels would work on this trailer to give me less height .  I may be interested in your offer.  What make trailer do you have?

alsantini

I have a 2007 Eclipse and it came with a MagicTilt trailer.  The 10 inch tires were the stock size (5 bolt).  Not sure what size you are dealing with but these are 10 with less than 8,000 miles on them.  Mounted and balanced on Galvanized rims.  BTW, I sail on Charlotte Harbor during the winter.  We need to have an Eclipse sail-in day.  Vector-Director is also on Charlotte Harbor out of Punta Gorda.

Meander

I will do some measuring on my trailer setup to see if 10 inch rims would work.  I would just use them for storage, not long distance runs.

Getting together on Charlotte Harbor this winter sounds good to me.  Do you ever anchor out at Pelican Bay?

alsantini

I am planning a couple of overnight sails during the winter.  Current plan is to launch at Uncle henry's on Boca Grande, sail to Coya Costa, next day sail onto Sanibel spending the night in a marina.  Then onto Pine Island, next day back at Uncle Henry's.  No date set so far.  I typically launch at Northside Park in Port Charlotte with a friend.  We sail the day away.  Other common launch site is in Venice (train station), motor out to the Venice Jetty and out in the Gulf.  Looking forward to sailing.  BTW what is your name?   
Al

Meander

Hi Al

That trip you described sounds like a good one.  Maybe we could link up if you want.  We sail out of Bokeelia which is only about 5 miles from Cayo Costa.  We spend November to early May in Florida.

My name is Larry Kemper and my cell number is (317)371-2347.  I checked my trailer today and saw that the wheels you have would work.  They would probably be the solution to the problem of fitting the Eclipse under our condo in Florida so maybe you could give me a call and we could see if we could work something out.  Our Indiana address is Coatesville Indiana which is 35 miles west of Indianapolis.

Larry

alsantini

Tires should arrive at their new home today....