a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

lazy jack system cp - 19 II

Started by ed phillips, June 26, 2005, 05:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ed phillips

Anyone have tips on where to purchase, installation and or use tips for a lazy jack system for a cp - 19?  The smallest package (Harken) seen advertised is for a 23 foot boat or larger.  

Found a forum in England regarding "do it yourself" versions, but nothing specific to our cp fleet.

john walker

i made system for my sucat, works great.  i took an adertising 8 1/2 x 11 and enlarged it on a xerox, drew the system on that.  figered out scale, scaled length of lines, added a little extra.  used small st. stl. loops as anchor points.  use light no stretch line (Dacron).   where the line comes down from top of mast and splits to two lines, i bought a couple of 1 1/2 "  brass rings at hdwe. to make the juncture.   when you draw it out, if it looks right it is right.   good luck, johnny walker

steve brown

I have added a Sail-Cradle system to my CP-19 from Sail Care. It works great and is easy to install. It is a high quality bungee cord system that stores on the mast when not in use and connects quickly to 2 points on each side of the boom. The main sail drops neatly within the elastic cradle system out of the way until you reach your mooring.
They size each sytem to match your boat. Ask for Jerry when you call. He is very familiar with Com-pac boats. Steve

Craig Weis

I just hard wired using 1/8" SS steel. wire clamped and wrapped with electric PVC tape.

Wire rope clamps to the back stay.
A Q/D clip is hanked onto the end of the wire rope and clipped to the boom.
When not in use I clip the 'jack-stay' to the back stay. Simple. No pulleys, lines, cleats, or...skip.