Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Mainsail cover for CP19??

Started by mikeg, November 28, 2006, 04:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeg

Hi y'all--
Hope the fall is treating everyone well. 

--Wanted to get some recommendations from the forum re: mainsail cover choices for the 19.  Anyone found a really nice specimen?   I'm wondering if there's a retailer that has a variety of colors.... our 19- "Freebird"- has red bootstripes and lettering- so a nice burgundy colored UV mainsail cover would be best...if they're made in that color.

Anyone have a favorite supplier they can recommend?

Thanks,
Mike G.
Alachua, FL

spaul

Mike,

Not being that familiar with the 19 and whether or not you trailer her or have a slip I own a cp27 and have gone with a sail catcher. I'll give you a link but I'm sure there are many shops in Fl that can make you a sail catcher in any color you wish. The nice thing about the catcher is the very little work to get the sail up or to pack it and close the sail catcher.
We had one on our teaching boat two years ago and then last year in St. tHOMAS our catamaran had one and I fell in love with it. It's a pouch that looks like a sail under a normal cover but then you unzip the top and pull the up with the halyard and you are sailing. Lazy jacks are suggested but work extremely well with this idea. Look here, it's a little hard to find but here's the link and this guy is really good to work with.

www.indycanvas.com

Steve Paul
cp27/2
"Im Paul Sive"

spaul

Hey Mike,

Turns out I gave you some slightly twisted advice. This site calls their product a sail furler. Go to the main web site and click on products, covers, sail covers. You can look at the operating photo's too. Here's a better link.

http://www.indycanvas.com/product_info.php?cPath=41_3_25_21&products_id=31&osCsid=c161a5cfc65e6003f9a2869651edcd17

Again, pending your style of use this is a great product.

Steve Paul

idouglas

I just bought a mainsail cover from sailboatowners.com for my CP-16.  It looks great and the price cannot be beat.   There are lots of color choice too. You can find one at:

http://shop.sailboatowners.com/detail-amcmainsailcov.htm?fno=400&cart=11590379155240852&group=437&step=2&brnd=ComPac

idouglas

Craig Weis

I just use the cover that came with the boat's Johnson sails.
But I do tie a line around the cover too to keep it in place when the wind blows...skip.